Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2009, 07:05 AM

7 posts, read 13,336 times

Advertisements

My sister lives in Alamogordo, and just had a baby. She has been having a very rough time with postpartum and I really would like to do something nice for her.

Does anyone know any really nice salons, spas, whatever within say 40 minutes or so of the Alamogordo area? Price is no object.

(Yes I know a new hair cut or a facial won't fix postpartum, but from 1,500 miles away, I feel helpless when all I can do is listen on the phone. This is just a nice start.)

Thanks for the help in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2009, 07:13 AM

1,063 posts, read 3,023,286 times
I know the Lodge in Cloudcroft recommends someone, but I can't think of who it is. But maybe you can call them to find out.

You are sweet to think of your sister this way.

Old 05-27-2009, 07:22 AM

4,264 posts, read 9,274,971 times
There are actually several spas in Alamogordo that are supposed to be good. We bought the teacher a gift certificate from the Sonoma Spa in Alamogordo if I am not mistaken. If you like I can call the girl who took care of it and make sure that is who it was. She said they give like an hour pedicure and that it is wonderful. There is also the Noble Spa which I have heard gives great facials, and there is the Secret Escape. It may have actually been the Secret Escape where we got the gift certificate from.

Old 05-27-2009, 09:11 AM

7,395 posts, read 19,334,139 times
There's a guy named Jim Swaagman that may be able to help her as he's more into the medical massage as well as into relaxing massage. He's also a Reiki Master.
I found his ad in the Cloudcroft paper so I'm assuming he's located somewhere in this area. He does housecalls also.
NMLic. # is 5294 if you want to check him out online also.
If I can get around to getting a massage, I'm going to call him, I just haven't done it yet.
Phone # is 575-921-6523.
I'm an LMT and Reiki Master but don't have a place set up to do it.
Hope this helps.

Old 05-27-2009, 07:09 PM

7 posts, read 13,336 times
Thanks for the help!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico