Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2009, 02:25 PM

13,134 posts, read 40,542,407 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIABLO172 View Post
I plan on moving to La Luz or Alamorgordo, NM. Check this thread and you will find your answers. Or just look at my post I made. I ask the same questions. What research I have done these IMOP would be the best place to live.

Good luck to whereever you live let us know when you plan to live.
Hope you make it down here to new mexico soon Diablo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2009, 09:24 AM

8 posts, read 37,536 times
Default Wind Vs. Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncho_NM View Post
I grew up in Miami. Have been here in the ABQ area 10 years. The worse part of the weather for me has been the wind... There is a big difference between Las Cruces area and Santa Fe areas, so you have to see them. I do miss the ocean every once in a while and the Cuban food.... My Mom and Sister still live back there. I try to get back once a year.

Good luck! Come on out for a visit!

Rich
It seems like the wind is the thing that everyone agree's is going to take the most getting used to. Well, I've gotten used to alligators in every puddle, the most ferocious lightning I have EVER seen and humidity that melts the makeup right off your face, I am ready for the wind!

I think I will miss the ocean too, Poncho. As for the cuban food, my Cuban fiance` taught me how to cook some great dishes, so I won't be craving media noche bread and my mojito's put a smile on everyones face!

As for missing the warmth, today I woke up to 26 degree weather here in Port Charlotte, Florida. Killed my tomato, green bean and pepper plants. Palm trees are turning brown already (arecas and pygymy date) and the orange trees leaves are curled up like straws.

Old 01-22-2009, 10:26 AM

125 posts, read 452,601 times
Also the culture. Hispanic culture in NM/El Paso is quite different than the Caribbean/S. american culture in Miami.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swFL4now View Post
It seems like the wind is the thing that everyone agree's is going to take the most getting used to. Well, I've gotten used to alligators in every puddle, the most ferocious lightning I have EVER seen and humidity that melts the makeup right off your face, I am ready for the wind!

I think I will miss the ocean too, Poncho. As for the cuban food, my Cuban fiance` taught me how to cook some great dishes, so I won't be craving media noche bread and my mojito's put a smile on everyones face!

As for missing the warmth, today I woke up to 26 degree weather here in Port Charlotte, Florida. Killed my tomato, green bean and pepper plants. Palm trees are turning brown already (arecas and pygymy date) and the orange trees leaves are curled up like straws.

Old 01-22-2009, 12:11 PM

41,478 posts, read 59,608,382 times
A bake shop that sells real estate as well. You would soon have a corner on the house warming party market. Good luck.

Old 01-23-2009, 11:46 AM

26,527 posts, read 51,587,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swFL4now View Post

We have some spectacular lightning here. It is said we have the higest death rate by lightning per capita.

Poncho's rule number 26: Don't go up to mountain peaks at night to drink beer and watch the lightning show...

Rich

Old 01-26-2009, 08:03 AM

Here it is 8.00 A.M. in the morning in january and it must be close to 60 degrees outside as it feels with the wind slightly blowing like it's springtime .

Old 01-26-2009, 08:06 AM

9,191 posts, read 21,811,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6 FOOT 3 View Post
Here it is 8.00 A.M. in the morning in january and it must be close to 60 degrees outside as it feels with the wind slightly blowing like it's springtime .
I'm really glad that you're enjoying it, Harry.

The weather has been pretty perfect, hasn't it? Just gorgeous outside. If I had tomato transplants ready to go, I could put them outside during the day.

Old 01-26-2009, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy4017 View Post
I'm really glad that you're enjoying it, Harry.

The weather has been pretty perfect, hasn't it? Just gorgeous outside. If I had tomato transplants ready to go, I could put them outside during the day.
Well you lnow me as i despise cold weather as december was cold but things are looking good now as march is close. Can't wait until 100 degrees and get to play basketball in it .

Old 01-26-2009, 09:27 AM

9,191 posts, read 21,811,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6 FOOT 3 View Post
Well you lnow me as i despise cold weather as december was cold but things are looking good now as march is close. Can't wait until 100 degrees and get to play basketball in it .
Well, Alamo only hit 100 3 times last summer.

But I hope this mild spring weather doesn't mean a long, incredibly hot summer, but I'm afraid that might be the case.

Boy, do I love my refrigerated air!!!

Old 01-26-2009, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy4017 View Post
Well, Alamo only hit 100 3 times last summer.
Only 3 times .........as that's depressing .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico