Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2010, 08:25 AM

1,643 posts, read 4,904,559 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Does the scenery make the story worth watching?
I just saw the record-setting box office movie AVATAR in 3-D at the new Allen Theaters complex in Alamogordo. If there is one movie that is all about scenery, that one is it! The plot is formulaic and designed to please the overwhelming young theater audiences of today, but the scenery is pure computer animation/graphics magic. A great demonstration of how far computer-made movies have progressed since the advent of TOY STORY, which was supposed to represent state-of-the-art at the time.

PS The 3-D effects weren't that amazing to me. Only difference in having the special glasses on or off was the fuzziness of the image with glasses off.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2010, 11:04 AM

17,916 posts, read 24,234,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDTH View Post
Saw Denzel tonight on Letterman. He did not have too many good things to say about NM (in reality none). That is too bad!!
Do you mean he did not say anything good or that he said a lot of bad things?

ABQConvict

Old 01-15-2010, 02:09 PM

4,923 posts, read 11,159,132 times
...or didn't say anything about it at all?

Old 01-16-2010, 08:30 AM

1,066 posts, read 2,247,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
Do you mean he did not say anything good or that he said a lot of bad things?

ABQConvict
When Dave asked him about where the movie was shot he said all over New Mexico. He said it took about 3 months to shoot and that it was dusty, windy and cold. You could tell by his comments and the look on his face that he wasn't too impressed. That is okay with me. New Mexico is not for everyone, thank God. I like it the way it is.

Old 01-16-2010, 09:56 AM

1,643 posts, read 4,904,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDTH View Post
New Mexico is not for everyone, thank God. I like it the way it is.
More specifically, Carrizozo is not for everyone! I won't say more since I have many friends who chose to live there - some who remain there. But it does require a certain mindset, IMO, to live there full time. It couldn't have been the most impressive place to hang out for those working on that film who were not from this area.

Old 01-17-2010, 12:27 AM

331 posts, read 497,672 times
Well, Carrizozo is a wasteland, most accurately described.

I'm personally LOVING these film tax credits. Gives us something to be proud of, beside our picturesque vistas, towering mountains, and incredibly nice people!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico