Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-19-2009, 06:26 AM

25 posts, read 60,973 times

Advertisements

Here we are half way thru January and there is no snow on the ground here in the Sacramento Mountains. Temperatures are more like March than January.
I hope this is not a prelude to a catastrophic fire season!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2009, 07:23 AM

4,264 posts, read 9,252,458 times
It is okay for it to snow as long as it stays up there. LOL I know what you mean about the fire season though if we don't get some more moisture in the ground. I hope if it does snow it will wait until I get moved into my new house. Do ya'll not have any snow on the ground at all? I haven't been up there since probably Oct.

Old 01-19-2009, 10:05 AM

4,468 posts, read 7,977,256 times
Unhappy Snow for Cloudcroft...

According to the "weather underground"...expect clouds this week and a chance of SNOW on Thursday...

Standby and get the snow shovel out...
HW....maybe start a snow festival up there....

Old 01-19-2009, 10:32 AM

9,191 posts, read 21,810,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudcroftkid1 View Post
Here we are half way thru January and there is no snow on the ground here in the Sacramento Mountains. Temperatures are more like March than January.

I know.......I keep waiting for decent conditions at either Cloudcroft or Ski Apache, and it's probably not going to happen this year.

Old 01-19-2009, 01:07 PM

25 posts, read 60,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajzjmsmom View Post
It is okay for it to snow as long as it stays up there. LOL I know what you mean about the fire season though if we don't get some more moisture in the ground. I hope if it does snow it will wait until I get moved into my new house. Do ya'll not have any snow on the ground at all? I haven't been up there since probably Oct.
Actually there are a few inches in the shade, but for the most part of the village...none. Temps in the 50"s...much too warm for this time of year.
Thanks for your reply.

Old 01-20-2009, 09:32 PM

502 posts, read 1,376,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudcroftkid1 View Post
I hear what your saying. I fear it is going to be an early and long fire season. Hope folks are clearing around their houses and making them "fire safe".
Have already seen one fire in the last month or so caused by the hot exhaust on a vehicle that had pulled off the highway
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico