Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2009, 07:02 AM

502 posts, read 1,376,002 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarhead2147 View Post
Does anyone know where to find the actual verbage on all of the bond issues?

There is only one bond question on the ballot for Feb. 3rd.
Alot of folks are thinking that this election and the city bond election are the same and they aren't.
For the school bond you can go to Alamogordo Public Schools Official Website, Kindergarten through Grade 12, Education, Alamogordo, NM, Otero County and it will give you the information.
As for the city election in March about the only place I can think of off the top of my head is either city hall or the public library.
And a WARNING for everyone. PLEASE, don't take any information from the Alamogordo Daily News as accurate.
I know that sounds bad but they have yet to get accurate information on anything related to the school board election. Well, I take that back. They did manage to get the candidates names correct.
Case in point. I was raised here, graduated from the Alamo High School, went to my first year of college at NMSU-A and have been involved as a volunteer in the schools for 10 years on a regular basis and for the 15 before that on an irregular basis.
At a recent forum that translated to I have been involved in the public schools since I came here 7 years ago
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2009, 08:30 AM

13,134 posts, read 40,538,372 times
Keeping our fingers crossed for the election tomorrow Mtncat !!!!!

Old 02-02-2009, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6 FOOT 3 View Post
Keeping our fingers crossed for the election tomorrow Mtncat !!!!!
Really appreciate it. I'll let you all know how it goes

Old 02-04-2009, 05:57 AM

And believe it or not I won it. Now the real work starts.
I hope in 4 years I will be able to look back and see some good I have been able to accomplish for our kids.
Thanks for everyones support.
Mike

Old 02-04-2009, 07:04 AM
_yb

1,120 posts, read 5,276,447 times
Congrats! And good luck.

Old 02-04-2009, 07:21 AM

1,063 posts, read 3,017,710 times
Congrats Mike!

Old 02-04-2009, 08:48 AM

9,191 posts, read 21,806,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtncat View Post
I hope in 4 years I will be able to look back and see some good I have been able to accomplish for our kids.
Mike
Great work, Mike....thanks so much for your efforts. They paid off!! I haven't read the article yet, but the bold print said that it passed overwhelmingly.

Old 02-04-2009, 11:22 AM

13,134 posts, read 40,538,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtncat View Post
Mike
That's great it passed as the kids deserve some modern schools. I also liked hearing the person in charge of the Alamo Schools Construction Dept told the local contractors to get ready for lots of work (jobs) as the first construction ripping down old buildings starts this summer .

Thanks again mtncat !!!

Old 06-21-2009, 08:20 PM

Default Alamogordo area folks - proposed closing of two schools

For those of you how have not heard about the proposed closing of two schools in our district.
The proposal is to close 2 of the top performing schools (Holloman Middle School and High Rolls Mountain Park Elementary School) due to a "budget shortfall"
We are asking for all the support that we can get to stop this from happening. I encourage you to go to this site
Board of Education Alamogordo Public Schools Official Website, Kindergarten through Grade 12 Schools, Alamogordo, NM, Otero County, Education
And please e-mail all of the board members and ask them to vote no on this important issue.
There is a public forum on this on June 25th starting at 4:00 p.m so the board has the chance to hear from the public.
BUT the board president has called for a special meeting at 7:30 a.m on the 26th with the only agenda item being to vote on school closures.
I believe this is far from enough time for board members to gather the needed information from the public, have the time to evaluate it, and then make an informed decision.
Please let your voice be heard on saving our schools.
Thanks
And an FYI, there is one board member that is a with out a doubt a NO vote to the closures and that would be me!

Last edited by Poncho_NM; 03-29-2012 at 09:30 PM..

Old 06-21-2009, 08:32 PM

9,191 posts, read 21,806,698 times
Yes, I've been reading about this over the last few days.

I'll definitely check the site out!

So what is really going on here with the head honcho and the board?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico