Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2009, 07:32 PM

464 posts, read 1,153,129 times

Advertisements

I wanted to pass this along as I see posts now and then about Fishing in New Mexico
Now I don't fish, I go Crabbin' ONLY. (you know a stick, string and a chicken leg tied to it, Or if yer in a bit of a hurry use a wire flat net, with the chicken tied to the bottom and you'll have a Mighty fine dinner that night, fer sure YUM! I've caught 30 in one afternoon all by myself. Now That's a Blast! Pass the drawn butter please ) )

Been around plenty of trout fishermen tho. And deep sea.

Soooo, I can't personally 'validate' the helpfulness of this new site; I got a notice in my Email today for it, thought I'd pass it on, looks pretty good by me

It's new and there's a bit of advertising there but not bad.
Tourism Dept is part of it too.

Just for the 6 distinct fishing regions of New Mexico: www.thefishphone.com (broken link)
And a couple of phone #'s to call if you'd like: 505-294-4142 or 877-80-Go-fish

Check it out and see what ya'll think Hope it helps some.
Does it look any good?
I imagine as the seasons warm it will possibly be more full of info.

Tia Dalma
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2009, 10:14 PM

622 posts, read 1,717,660 times
Interesting read Tia, especially on water clarity, though I'm no fisherman..er person, woman, whatever. If it doesn't like hot dog, I haven't caught it!

Old 01-21-2009, 10:22 PM

775 posts, read 2,579,419 times
Default City Of Natural Lakes

As for me im not sure ive ever eaten Lobster or Crab Meat if thats what you are talking about. Ive eaten all kinds of other stuff like Rattlesnake and Porcupine and other critters but never Crab or Lobster im not sure i know the difference? My favorite place to fish is at the City of Natural Lakes and that was years ago. el pintada kid

Old 01-21-2009, 10:24 PM

18,134 posts, read 25,664,806 times
Tia Dalma! Whazzup? Actually the info isn't too bad as it stands now.

It's kind of compact but it is a good looking site, and it touches on all the major lakes. It keeps the message short. I have a high school buddy who lives south of Roswell and construction friends who live in Tucumcari, so I get down there often and we fish Ute, Conchas,and Bottomless Lakes. And for the info that a lot of people don't consider are the places where restrictions have been laid down, such as Brantley Dam, just north of Carlsbad. DDT levels were found in the water. It has now gotten to where the game and fish folks instituted catch and release only on all species. Originally they only found levels in a couple species. Now it's become a bigger problem.

I didn't see any general info on it (license costs for in state and out of state, catch limits, etc.),but that is where the game fish and wildlife's site comes in anyway.

All in all I like it. Thanks for putting it up!

Old 01-22-2009, 10:06 AM

41,478 posts, read 59,521,434 times
I suppose we are talking about fishing for sand dollars and such like.

Old 01-22-2009, 10:47 AM

7,599 posts, read 18,348,937 times
I used to have a big section on Fishing on my Clayton Lake website before I was forced to close it.

Old 01-22-2009, 11:08 AM

125 posts, read 452,056 times
Best trout fishing I did this summer was Beatty's Cabin in the Pecos wilderness. Hiked six miles to get there but it was great.

Old 01-22-2009, 11:56 AM

18,134 posts, read 25,664,806 times
I wish I had good knees; my friend in Tucumcari wants to try it. Brian, I remember that site you had, it was cool!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico