Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2009, 06:27 PM

16 posts, read 53,267 times

Advertisements

We're moving into a new rental that does not have a fridge. So I was hoping to find a used one but would rather buy a used one from a store since they usually offer some kind of warranty (granted, one that lasts 15 days or so) rather than taking chances with a craigslist for classifieds fridge. Plus they tend to offer delivery.

But I have not been able to find a used appliance place via the web so I was wondering if anyone knows of one in either Santa Fe or ABQ. Thanks!

Actually if there is one in Espanola that would be perfect as it is closest to me.

Last edited by huskydigger; 01-25-2009 at 07:44 PM.. Reason: to add more towns
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2009, 09:57 PM

3,556 posts, read 10,190,596 times
Craigslist.

Old 01-25-2009, 10:16 PM

4,968 posts, read 5,225,119 times
Check with Sears. We were in your position about ten years ago. We didn't have the cash for buying used appliances, but were able to afford new with a Sears (or other) credit card. I think there was a zero percent period also. We bought our washer and dryer at the same time so we ended up with free delivery. The model we got was a discontinued model from the previous year. I think we saved a couple of hundred dollars after all the discounts.

My friend needed a new lawnmower a while back and ended up getting a refurbished one from Sears for a great deal. You might be able to get a similar deal on a refrigerator. You'll have to visit the store to ask. I doubt you will find a deal like that online.

Also, check with Lowes. Mine sometimes has appliance returns on clearance on the sales floor. It doesn't necessarily mean there was anything wrong with the appliance. Sometimes people just don't like a product and take it back for no real reason. There was a really nice matched set of a front end washer/dryer one day. The sales lady said that the buyer had tried several different products and complained about all of them and returned them. You never know what kind of deals you might find.

Last edited by Sarahsez; 01-25-2009 at 10:18 PM.. Reason: I like to repeat words

Old 01-26-2009, 01:02 AM

908 posts, read 2,846,439 times
I'm with Sarahsez on the big box store (Lowe's/Home Depot) clearance/scratch and dents. If you do have to resort to Burqué, I'd also recommend checking out the Re-Store and Baillo's. The ReStore has unusual hours, so make sure it lines up before you head down:

HabitatABQ.org: ReStore

Old 01-26-2009, 06:39 PM

713 posts, read 1,840,746 times
There is a ReStore in SF also. Here is the link.

ReStore: What We Stock (http://www.sfhfh.org/restore/stock.php - broken link)

Old 01-28-2009, 10:02 AM

16 posts, read 53,267 times
Thanks for the suggestions. I went through Lowes but didn't find any great deals. One of the guys working there said that winter is really slow for appliances so they don't get many returns. I also tried All Appliance but they only had one really old fridge and wanted $300 for it.

So I went to the SF Restore and what a fun place! I found a nice cheap fridge that even has an icemaker (then someone from Craigslist to deliver it :-) the have a 10-day guarantee on appliances, too. They also have couches, light fixtures, A/C units, and all manner of windows, tiles, tools, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico