Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2009, 12:59 PM

464 posts, read 1,153,173 times

Advertisements

LOL, for what it's been like in the Midwest this past week and the rest of the Winter (the whole shootin' match of it!), and what I've nearly been through
Trade anyone? Snow, Ice, COLD! Then Up to nearly 70 degrees for a day then dive back down to the frigid temps for Days, enough to make your eyes water, Before, you walk outside!

I had a job, I still do a bit of "house-sitting" from time to time, pets, plants, mail, make the place look like someone's home, etc. And I have done post-surgical care some too, mostly friends and family.
This one was some family that was able to 'escape' this nonsense of Winter, for a bit.

It was just barely on the edge of the Ice storm, got more snow than anything else- whew

I've got mail to reply to here too, but I'm going to the Barn for a bit to see my Baby Girl, whom I'm sure misses me I've sure missed her!

I've got Tamales in the freezer I made while down more 'south' and froze, for the Super Bowl munchies for tomorrow

So tell me, How do New Mexicans enjoy Super Bowl? LOL
Which team do they pick?
AZ is mighty close

I promise to hit the Forum asap, let me get settled and out to the Barn for a bit and then catch up on what ya'll have been up to :thumbs up:
Have ya been behavin'?

I've missed ya'll!

So anybody want this yucky Winter here for a trade of Nice NM winter instead? LOL
Would a fresh Tamale help with the Deal?!

Tia Dalma
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2009, 02:48 PM

1,063 posts, read 3,015,290 times
I really don't think anyone here would trade..LOL Sorry, but come on down!
Super bowl?? AZ for me as they are the underdogs.
Hoope your weather will get better.
Jane

Old 01-31-2009, 03:48 PM

7,394 posts, read 19,276,472 times
I do know that St. Louis has had a rough winter as I have family there.
Welcome back. I've been wondering where you were.
As far as superbowl, does anyone really care about the teams? It's all about beer and munchies. (Just my opinion)

Old 01-31-2009, 06:17 PM

3,061 posts, read 8,330,546 times
No Thanks, that is why we left Maine. LOL

As for the Super Bowl, I don't watch football. ewwwwwww

Old 02-01-2009, 02:48 AM

464 posts, read 1,153,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by songinthewind7 View Post
I do know that St. Louis has had a rough winter as I have family there.
Welcome back. I've been wondering where you were.
As far as superbowl, does anyone really care about the teams? It's all about beer and munchies. (Just my opinion)

LOL Song, yeah it's definetly partly the munchies!

I do enjoy Pro football some of the time. Living up in Packer and Bear country all those years, you Had To, or learned to, LOL. It's a winter past time! Like Ice fishing (blech) LOL

I'm partial to Arena Football myself. It's a Blast! Tho there is none here. I've followed Kurt Warner's career since his Arena days. Then on to the Rams. He's a "good" person imho too. So I'd like to hoot for the Card's tomorrow, but I'll "bet" on the Steelers

I'm soakin' chicken legs in buttermilk right now for "Hot Legs" tomorrow heheehe
There weren't any chicken wings at the grocery - the huge chicken wing plant in Texas recent filed for bancruptcy and so now, there is a wing shortage - Really! LOL

Those and Tamales and some light snacks- can't wait

And the Super Bowl is just plain 'entertainment', the bands, the commercials, LOL.

Just a great mid-winter thing/get together to do imo
And ya got ta luv any of those Animal commericals!

I'll also be checking out the "Puppy Bowl #5" myself, on Animal Planet! Fer sure, you betcha! LOL
Too dang cute!

Thanks for the Welcome back everyone I don't have a laptop, they took theirs and the puters in the house are "Apples" , don't know a thing about them and don't dare mess with them LOL.
We didn't have enough time for them to show me "what buttons" to push I should have taken my HP CPU down with me, just didn't think about it tho Would have been nice to have it with. Could have hooked it up to one of their monitors.

I tell ya, this is the worst winter I remember since 79-80 I think YUCK! Roads were great driving back up tho, I waited an extra day and a half to leave, got down there ahead of the storm, Whew

Beautiful here today, Windy tho, but cold tomorrow, it can't make up it's mind this year!

Tia Dalma

Last edited by TiaDalma; 02-01-2009 at 02:58 AM..

Old 02-01-2009, 12:13 PM

7,394 posts, read 19,276,472 times
Oh yeah. Definately the puppy bowl and kitten halftime. They are so cute.

Old 02-01-2009, 03:56 PM

146 posts, read 439,139 times
Me!! I'll trade in the Iowa winter for NM any day! I spent most of Dec. in NH - drove through Albany, NY the morning after the big ice storm, which hit my folks area in NH, too.... Had 2-1/2 FEET of snow while I was there - and have had all the snow in MN blow down here to Iowa... ours has gone to Missouri!!! LOL!!!

LOL - DH had a shoulder replaced the beginning of January, which changed plans drastically - we wanted to be in Alamogordo by now (of course, the economy didn't help!)

So - health and weather really not all that pleasurable here. Hoping to get down to NM this spring, or maybe this summer.... I just sit and watch the slideshow of pictures DH took last June.... of course, that could be this virus and the meds the doctor has me on right now, too!!!

Old 02-02-2009, 09:57 AM

13,134 posts, read 40,500,902 times
It supposed to be 67 degrees on thursday. Hope the folks up in kentucky get thru the ice storm o.k.

Old 02-02-2009, 10:09 AM

622 posts, read 1,717,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by songinthewind7 View Post
It's all about beer and munchies. (Just my opinion)

I'm with you there Song!

Old 02-02-2009, 04:42 PM

1,753 posts, read 4,232,986 times
Is not about beer and munchies! It's about the commercials. And my comments. Okay, and the munchies.
I was too sick to participate yesterday though. I continuously irritate and amuse Greg. I don't understand a thing about football, so when forced to watch, I ad lib for the refs. You know, the rolling of the arms and stickin' one arm to one side thing? That's "roll it up, roll it up and THROW it in the pan."
Other favorites are when they point to one side and then hold a hand up. That's usually stuff like (pointing left) "That guy over there? Stole my car." (throws up hand, palm facing forward) "Told him to STOP, but he said no."

I'm not biased, oh no. Just ask our friends who attempted to watch LOTR whilest over here for one of my kids' birthday parties. They'd seen it multiple times and were supposed to be here for a kid's party, not for watching of movies. Eventually they got tired of my "Elvish has left the building" and "Uh huh huh" comments and became involved in the party ;>)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico