Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2009, 07:48 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,297,928 times

Advertisements

I tried to check out some of the campgrounds today as I was driving by them.
It looks like the rv places have camping too where you can use tents or vans.
There's tons of places it looks like you can camp but I don't know if permission is needed or not.
If you decide to come, do you want me to talk to our guy that's in charge of entertainment and he can put you in? Think about it and let me know.
Those of you that want to rent a condo or even go to a motel in Cloudcroft, I would suggest making reservations.
Geez, if someone wants to crash at our place, they can do that too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2009, 09:28 PM

775 posts, read 2,582,530 times
Default Thanks Song

Thanks Song for the Invite but i never stay at peoples places even at my Friends houses that ive known for years. I always have a sleeping bag and blankets in my pickup or car inside a Trash bag ready to use if i decide to stay somewhere and usually if the mountains are close by i like to sleep outside in the Stars or inside my pickup Camper. >>>> P.S. if i do happen to go on July Fourth it will probably be pouring on that day so staying out there in the Mountains will be FUN. I love getting up in front of Hundreds of people and playing Country, Spanish, Oldies, Folk, Rock and Christian Music and Elvis Music, Ricky Nelson, Marty Robbins, Merle Haggard and lots of Spanish Artists and Im a One Man Band Just Give Me a Guitar and Mic and i can Play for Hours without a Break one song after another and i dont need a Band in fact i tell people that a Band just gets in my Way. Maybe Cathy will get some practice on her Violin or guitar by the 4th but lets not hold our Breath on that one. el pintada kid

Old 02-03-2009, 03:44 PM

That would be fun seeing you and Cathy doing some of the entertainment. I'm not in charge of that but I can let the guy that is know if you want to play the guitar and sing.

Old 02-04-2009, 06:50 PM

775 posts, read 2,582,530 times
Default Song and the 4th

I just remembered Song that there are two days out of the year that i never leave home and thats the 4th of July and Halloween. Reason being because for the 4th theres lots of fireworks in my area and i dont want to be gone if one of those Rockets lands in my yard. And For Halloween i dont like to leave home or give Treats to the Kids because of my dogs in fact i turn off my lights and lock my gate so kids cant come in the yard. So i never leave home on those two days but who knows that gathering in Timberon might be fun. el pintada kid

Old 05-29-2009, 12:41 PM

Last call for vendors for our July 4th event.
Contact me if you want to be a craft or a food vendor. Few more weeks to go.
Otherwise, come join us that day from 10-4.

Old 06-11-2009, 09:26 PM

Wow, we were expecting to have about 300 people here July 4 but that number may have just doubled. Waiting on an email about some Indian dancers and vendors. They're may be close to 600-700 people here.
Mark your calendars.

Old 06-14-2009, 03:59 PM

One of our local Indians is waiting to hear back from a group of 300 that travel the U.S. for pow wows. They may be here and if they're here, we could have close to 2000-3000 people in Timberon.
If this is the case, we need to find room for them. This is a slight problem now because of the room. I think it would be great to have them here, along with the dancing they do but now our concern is where to put them.
We will come up with something and I have a couple of ideas that were not agreed on just now so gotta come up with another solution.
Too many politics to deal with in a small community and I just like to make things simple and to the point and have fun along with it.

Old 06-14-2009, 05:22 PM

9,191 posts, read 21,815,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by songinthewind7 View Post
One of our local Indians is waiting to hear back from a group of 300 that travel the U.S. for pow wows. They may be here and if they're here, we could have close to 2000-3000 people in Timberon.
If this is the case, we need to find room for them. This is a slight problem now because of the room. I think it would be great to have them here, along with the dancing they do but now our concern is where to put them.
We will come up with something and I have a couple of ideas that were not agreed on just now so gotta come up with another solution.
Too many politics to deal with in a small community and I just like to make things simple and to the point and have fun along with it.
Ouch. I hope this number of people up there is just for the 4th....and not the 5th...yow.

Old 06-14-2009, 05:50 PM

If they come, they want to come Friday and leave Sunday. Problem is, most of the land here is privately owned so I don't know where they'd be pitching tents or rv's.
I really hope they can come and I should be hearing something tomorrow or Tuesday on if they'll be here or not.
It's gonna be a crazy day but we can handle it. We'll find a way.
The CD get together is at Janes house anyway so if they do camp out at the lodge, no worries.
Maybe Jane will have a solution to this when she gets here. I'm glad she doesn't have a freak out personality and she always has good ideas.

Old 06-14-2009, 05:55 PM

9,191 posts, read 21,815,108 times
I can't imagine why they'd pick that particular weekend, with Western Days already scheduled but...you should know shortly anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico