Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2009, 01:53 PM

7,394 posts, read 19,287,579 times

Advertisements

is July 4th from 10-4.
There will be entertainment, games and vendors.
Also prizes for western outfits and dog parade.
ATV run from 9-1.

Anyone interested in being a food or craft vendor, send me a DM and I'll send you the information/application.

Otherwise, keep this date in mind and join us for Western Day in the mountains of Timberon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2009, 05:18 PM

775 posts, read 2,581,197 times
Default Timberon Festivities

Sounds like lots of fun for July in Timberon Song. Are there lots of Campground in the Mountains around Timberon or Cloudcroft? Or just places out in the Middle of nowhere where people can camp that is not private land? el pintada kid

Old 01-31-2009, 05:26 PM

There are places in Timberon and Cloudcroft to camp but I'm not sure if it's all RV's in Timberon or not. Cloudcroft has some tent camping.
I haven't been camping here yet in NM but I'm trying to check out some in Cloudcroft everytime we go by. I'm a tent person and sometimes now it's hard to find a place that accepts tents.

Old 02-01-2009, 01:08 AM

11,798 posts, read 25,097,381 times
Where are the nearest motels? Cloudcroft?

Old 02-01-2009, 02:09 AM

464 posts, read 1,153,844 times
This sounds like fun! It just might be something I could shoot for during a trip and make it a stop by Something to gear towards
It's on my Calendar Song and Jane! We'll see what unfolds as time goes on from here

Keeps us updated as often as possible Ok?!

Tia Dalma

Old 02-01-2009, 09:48 AM

1,063 posts, read 3,016,894 times
Catman, as for motels, check out Timberon.org Look in the yellow pages, there are many places to rent. Shantel does homes for rent. While you are there check out last years 4th of July.. the pie contest was won by a man.. AND WE WOULD LOVE YOU ALL TO ENTER THIS YEAR..
PK, not sure if you can camp out in Mary Glover Park. I will have to ask around.
Tia, it would be great to see you at that time. Remember we do not have the midwest humidity at that time.. even though it is the start of the monsoon season. People here have a fit if its 40% humidity..
Would love to see any of you. I will have a booth there so look me up..

And we will have music most of the afternoon... plus many other things.

Old 02-01-2009, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
Yep, the motels are in Cloudcroft. Mostly condos here to rent so whatever your preference.

Old 02-01-2009, 12:09 PM

550 posts, read 1,546,092 times
Cool Well worth it!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
If you have ever thought of renting an RV or have a camper there is the Circle Cross RV Park in Timberon. If the Forrest is not close due to fire danger there should be camping there also. You would probably want to reserve early either way. The 4th is always a great time in Timberon and surrounding areas!!!

Timberon visitor site: Timberon, New Mexico - Information and Visitor Center
Cloudcroft visitor site: Cloudcroft New Mexico | Visitor's Guide

Old 02-01-2009, 01:17 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,097,381 times
Thanks, y'all. I'll check everything out. I never thought of renting an RV.

Old 02-02-2009, 06:08 PM

775 posts, read 2,581,197 times
Default Timberon Camping in July

I would think that in Timberon around the Monsoon seasons there should be some small lakes or Dirt Tanks and maybe Windmills and other places of interest for photographers and people who have their Vans and pickups with campers to camp away from the crowd or festivities and to just explore and hike or just travel backroads and explore. Ive heard that there are good Fiddlers out in that area so i would go maybe to hear them play or to get up there with my guitar and play a few Tunes for everyone. I do all kinds of Music except Rap or Opera which i dont consider music... oh oh el pintada kid
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico