Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2009, 09:19 PM

622 posts, read 1,723,918 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by loborick View Post
I don't like Kilmer because in all the time he has lived in NM he hasn't done one thing for his community. Others that live in Santa Fe participate and give back. Ali McGraw, Marsha Mason, Gene Hackman...even Carol Burnett when she lived here taught an acting class. I have seen Kilmer a couple of times around town and he is an arrogant SOB. I have no use for him. Stay on your land behind your walls and leave the real New Mexicans alone.
Thanks loborick. Love the first-hand character reference! He didn't score so well. lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2009, 11:21 PM

2,600 posts, read 2,324,270 times
Quote:
I don't like Kilmer because in all the time he has lived in NM he hasn't done one thing for his community. Others that live in Santa Fe participate and give back. Ali McGraw, Marsha Mason, Gene Hackman...even Carol Burnett when she lived here taught an acting class. I have seen Kilmer a couple of times around town and he is an arrogant SOB. I have no use for him.
Quote:
Stay on your land behind your walls and leave the real New Mexicans alone.
EYow!

Old 02-07-2009, 08:12 AM

717 posts, read 1,954,814 times
Talking Around and around we go

Despite the expected frenetic attacks by the predictable righty-whackos diversity of opinion is still the best approach to any problem solving. Histrionics from cap, et al, not withstanding. Oh...and by the way...I said he owns over 1,000 acres...way over actually, and I seriously doubt many of you have anywhere near his property holdings except in your fervid dreams Kilmer is just another citizen-voice, right or wrong, who needs to be heard. His opinion is as viable and as pertinent as any of yours. Why is it you selective extremists only see within your narrow frame of reference and cannot at least consider viewpoints that diverge FROM YOUR OWN quite limited predilections? This certainly applies to both the right and left of center. Lose the blinders people. Chill out and quit your bawling.

"I am beginning to wonder if you know even half the things you say, or say less than half the things you don't know?" Priceless

Last edited by dracul; 02-07-2009 at 08:44 AM.. Reason: love to stir the pot and ruffle feathers of the credulous

Old 02-07-2009, 08:38 AM

61 posts, read 230,299 times
Dear Mr. Kilmer,
You clueless, elite, Hollywood, "pretend", Punk!
Are you actually going to tell me that you understand the horrors of war better than someone who has actually gone through it!
I don't remember anybody saying "roll film", "cut", "let's break for lunch", "that's a wrap" or "see you in the morning", when I was in Viet Nam.
You're no more qualified to speak for Viet Nam Vets than the cast of "CSI" is to speak for the people who solve crimes.
Take your over fed, over paid, ego and stuff it up your back end!
As for those of you who would vote for this pretnder, you should probably check to see if he has ever "played" a Governor.

WHY do you think he has property in New Mexico? Even HE can't afford to pay the taxes on property in Calif. anymore!

Old 02-07-2009, 08:41 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,194,526 times
I was in Vietnam, as well as Desert Storm and Operation Iraqi Freedom, and I'd like to ask Mr. Kilmer in what way he has served our country?

Old 02-07-2009, 08:52 AM

3,301 posts, read 6,326,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
I was in Vietnam, as well as Desert Storm and Operation Iraqi Freedom, and I'd like to ask Mr. Kilmer in what way he has served our country?
He was an actor in the movie Top Gun. (And he served proudly and with honor.)

Old 02-07-2009, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Thank you for your service and "Welcome Home Brother".

Old 02-07-2009, 09:11 AM

2,600 posts, read 2,324,270 times
I don't know how this ended up in the new mexico forum, smells like a political fishing expedition to me.
I don't think bill richardson was in any wars started by the US either, that doesn't disqualify him from being a governor does it? and what about arnold, what army did he serve in? and california is bankrupt too, or, on the verge. so, I think I'll ask a moderator to move this thread to the P&OC forum.

Old 02-07-2009, 09:21 AM

717 posts, read 1,954,814 times
Thumbs down enough already: send this to the political forums

Good idea mutz. Way too much chest beating, stomping around pouting and whimpering with very little to do with NM issues directly.

P.S. Arnold did serve in the Austrian Army about a century ago. From what I read he was quite a hellion! He drove a tank. Not too swift with economics though, considering California's current plight!

Old 02-07-2009, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by highdesertmutz View Post
I don't know how this ended up in the new mexico forum, smells like a political fishing expedition to me.
I don't think bill richardson was in any wars started by the US either, that doesn't disqualify him from being a governor does it? and what about arnold, what army did he serve in? and california is bankrupt too, or, on the verge. so, I think I'll ask a moderator to move this thread to the P&OC forum.
Let's see, do you think that it might have ended up in the "New Mexico" forum because another Liberal Moon Bat is thinking of running for Governor of New Mexico?
Bill Richardson is still the Governor of New Mexico because he was even too corrupt to be part of Obama's administration.
Move the topic where ever you wish. It doesn't make Richardson any less corrupt or Kilmer any less of a fool.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico