Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2009, 03:15 PM

27 posts, read 67,337 times

Advertisements

Well, for the person in Prescott, Ariz: New Mexico has been one of my favorite places to live and that is saying something...I have lived in Santa Cruz, Calif., Seattle, Wash., and now am temporarily residing in Sarasota.

I was a journalist for two years total in different locations: Grants, Kirtland Air Force Base, and Rio Rancho. And, I visited Santa Fe, Taos, Las Vegas, Las Cruces and Silver City. Each place is unique and different with a difference in culture, weather and geography.

What is funny is that one of the places I am sending out resumes is Prescott, Ariz. It is amazing how small the world is!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2009, 10:31 PM

9,336 posts, read 20,684,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnjoyEP View Post
OK, this is the third comment I have received to this.

Certainly the last thing I was trying to touch on here was a nerve - honestly - it appears though I have done just that. Folks, folks, folks. I think if you honestly read my 3-kajillion word post to the OP's inquiry, you can tell that I wasn't being "pro-conservative" or "pro-liberal" or anti anything. Was just trying to analyze.

Frankly, I think my post was far, far, far, FAR less hostile / argumentative than almost everyone here when it comes to political banter.
-----
Look, since everyone is making such a point of getting riled up because I stated (not hostily or argumentatively in the least mind you) "pro abortion advocacy group" instead of "pro-choice" group, this is a quick story - wasn't going to go down this road here as this is not a place to debate abortion - but since I am being taken to the mat here, maybe this can provide some kind perspective (and show that by no means was I being "argumentative" in just a couple words of a 3-kajillion word post):

I was adopted as a 3-month old child by a loving, terrific set of parents. My birth-mother gave me up for adoption when she reared me at age 15. While I am now in my early 30s, I am so very grateful to this day, and realize that had she exercised her "woman's rights", than ol' EnjoyEP would have been prematurely dead, not entered this world, not had the pleasure of living the life I have been honored to live to this point, many flaws and all.

My loving, great parents would've been denied my son-dom (which I think would have for the most part horrified them, outside of some occasional shenanigans!), my great and loving wife I never would've met (and even though she probably would've been better off with another fella, had never met me). Even more so, my two, beautiful, loving little ones who I couldn't love any more or be any more proud of, would never had entered the world too.

While under federal laws at the time of my birth, my birth-mother would've assuredly been exercising her "woman's rights" had she aborted me, I guess I would've at that point felt more that she was "pro abortion" than "pro choice".

So with all due respect here folks, I guess subconsciously if I feel some abortion advocacy groups are "pro abortion" than "pro choice", and I use that terminology, than so be it.

I think if you are all fair and honest, you can look at my post and other 3-kajillion posts and see that I am by no means a "flamer" and while always up for a good, honest debate, I throw less stones than most here.
I am repping you for the first post you've made, EP, because, frankly, it was just about the most eloquent thing I've ever read on here. It was very fair, and well spoken. I certainly took no offense to it. I think you should become writer for the LC Sun News after reading that. You easily trump every staff writer they employ.

Old 02-14-2009, 07:58 AM

13,134 posts, read 40,519,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrescottAZ View Post
6 FOOT 3, Mike, nmnita : Thank you for your thoughts.
PrescottAZ.....have you decided on an area in New Mexico yet?? As for your state i really love the drive from Flagstaff to Phoenix.

Old 02-14-2009, 08:49 AM

170 posts, read 452,595 times
Wait-a-minute, wait-a-minute . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinegaroon View Post
EP = Eelpout

Eelpout - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Seriously?

Old 02-14-2009, 09:05 AM

2,403 posts, read 5,225,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6 FOOT 3 View Post
PrescottAZ.....have you decided on an area in New Mexico yet?? As for your state i really love the drive from Flagstaff to Phoenix.
That really is an amazing drive. It's like going from one planet to another (or at least one season to another) in less than an hour. It can be cold and snowing in Flagstaff and warm and sunny in Sedona. One of the big adventures in my life was driving from NYC to SF, CA. I made the fortunate decision to stay in Sedona for a week. Magical. Is there anything similar in NM?

Old 02-14-2009, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnjoyEP View Post
OK, this is the third comment I have received to this.

Certainly the last thing I was trying to touch on here was a nerve - honestly - it appears though I have done just that. Folks, folks, folks. I think if you honestly read my 3-kajillion word post to the OP's inquiry, you can tell that I wasn't being "pro-conservative" or "pro-liberal" or anti anything. Was just trying to analyze.
1. Whenever you bring up abortion you know it's going to go political.

2. If you weren't born you wouldn't be missing anything because you wouldn't have been born. The logical extension of your argument is people should breed as much as possible because god forbid some sperm or ovary should go unfulfilled. Your heart warming story is one side of the issue. The other is that 35,000 children starve to death every day in this world. We're all part of the sperm and ovary lottery. Some are born to the uber-rich, some are born to grinding poverty, some are not born, some die a cruel death right after they're born, some die a longer time after a lifetime of luxury. That's how it goes.

Old 02-14-2009, 11:27 AM

13,134 posts, read 40,519,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geos View Post
That really is an amazing drive. It's like going from one planet to another (or at least one season to another) in less than an hour. It can be cold and snowing in Flagstaff and warm and sunny in Sedona. One of the big adventures in my life was driving from NYC to SF, CA. I made the fortunate decision to stay in Sedona for a week. Magical. Is there anything similar in NM?
Your absolutely right about that drive and the way the landscape totally changes from lush green forests to hard core desert with saguaro's and other cacti.

As for ''is there anything simular in NM'' are you refering to Sedona or are you refering to the I-17 Flagstaff to Phoenix drive??

Old 02-14-2009, 03:41 PM

550 posts, read 1,545,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogfarmer View Post
Now that we've all chilled out, Enjoy EP let me ask a dumb question. EP? What's that? I know the UP (darned if i know why anyone would live there) but what the heck is the EP?

-hog
I have always thought it was for El Paso???

Old 02-14-2009, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6 FOOT 3 View Post
Your absolutely right about that drive and the way the landscape totally changes from lush green forests to hard core desert with saguaro's and other cacti.

As for ''is there anything simular in NM'' are you refering to Sedona or are you refering to the I-17 Flagstaff to Phoenix drive??
Being able to go from a cold alpine environment to a warm desert climate (skiing to sunbathing) in a short distance. The progressive/hippie atmosphere of Sedona is a bonus.

Old 02-14-2009, 05:35 PM

170 posts, read 452,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipeweld View Post
I have always thought it was for El Paso???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico