Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2009, 07:09 AM

30 posts, read 107,992 times

Advertisements

Add us to the list - live in Pittsburgh suburbs now, have lived in Philly & DC suburbs as well over the past 15 years. Will be moving to Santa Fe and landing permanently on or about April 10. I've been "up north" for 23 years now and don't care to ever spend a winter in the Northeast/Mid-Atlantic again for as long as I live.......I know I won't be enjoying 85 degree days in January as I did in south-central Texas as a teenager, but I'll revel in the bright sunshine 300 days a year in Santa Fe, and the unbelievable scenery. Bring it on!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2009, 04:03 PM

170 posts, read 646,866 times
I spent a part of my childhood in Santa Fe but due to family circumstances my mom and I relocated to the northeast where she grew up. After having spent my tender years in Santa Fe and then having to relocate I missed it so much. Even 10 years later and in high school I wanted nothing but to go back. Now I'm 22 and I moved back for a while but am in cali for different family reasons. After I finish school I have every intention in moving back. I have lived and been all over the country and all I can say is that np other state rivals the culture or beauty of New Mexico and I am so grateful I was able to experience it as a child and plan to raise my children immersed in that culture. I guess you can say New Mexico is a part of me.

Old 02-16-2009, 02:34 PM

2 posts, read 4,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hollyrose View Post
Hi Everyone,
Just wondering if anyone born and raised in the northeast now lives here? Do you enjoy it and would you ever move back to the northeast? I am from Southern New Hampshire and my husband and I are looking to move to a warmer climate, different scenery, way of life etc. We are getting sick of the winters year after year.

Thanks!
Yes, originally from New Jersey..have recently been back to visit family and re-confirmed why I live here. Aside from weather, can't find nicer people and no conjestion. That's the best ... easy lifestyle w/little traffic. I'm in Deming, which is west of Las Cruces about 45/50 minutes.
MickiDeming

Old 02-16-2009, 09:23 PM

55 posts, read 204,740 times
Thanks everyone. We'll see what happens with the job situation. The weather sounds wonderful!

Old 02-19-2009, 09:11 AM

1 posts, read 835 times
I am in northern michigan and unemployed...i am considering a move to n.m.but am interested in learning about jobs there ? Can anyone help ?

Old 02-19-2009, 11:16 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,627,057 times
Grew up in New York (Manhattan, then Brooklyn) and then lived in north Jersey for ten years before moving to Las Cruces. I've been here fourteen months and couldn't be happier. I will never move back to the northeast.

Old 02-19-2009, 01:55 PM

55 posts, read 204,740 times
I'm getting so antsy for my husband to look at jobs,lol!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico