Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-15-2009, 09:26 AM

775 posts, read 2,580,262 times

Advertisements

I love being Outdoors and Hiking and Treasure Hunting and just searching for Rocks and Driftwood and the Occasional Artifact or Arrowhead. KID TIP.... Flea Markets and Yard Sales can be the Perfect Place to Treasure Hunt and get your Exercise and find rare treasures that you will enjoy more then anything you buy at Wal Mart. My Favorite Flea Market is the One on Central and Louisiana on Weekends in Albuquerque when the Weather is nice. You can walk for hours and not see all the Weird stuff and things you didnt even know existed and Live Entertainment at times. Theres a few Flea Markets in the East Mountain area and my favorite is the one at Moriarty at the east end. >>>> Flea Markets are a place to meet people from the area and buy Rocks, plants and vegetables,trees, flowers for your Garden also theres a couple of Green Houses in Estancia I think. el pintada kid
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2009, 10:31 AM

622 posts, read 1,718,306 times
Hey thanks for the heads up on different flea markets PK! I love flea markets!

Old 02-15-2009, 01:02 PM

Default More New Mexico Flea Markets

The East Mountains has Yard Sales and a few small flea markets around. Santa Fe close to the Opera had a nice one years ago and the one in Las Cruces was nice coming out of Las Cruces towards White Sands. They have a nice flea Market in Las Vegas New Mexico at the North end and Tome near Las Lunas use to have one also. el pintada kid

Old 02-18-2009, 08:33 AM

18,147 posts, read 25,683,148 times
Thanks for the tip PK! What's up? Although the Albuquerque flea market has gotten a little commercial over the years, I LOVE going there when I come through N.M. The first time I went there was in 1980 when the cost to set up was $5 and admission was free! Back then that part of the fairgrounds was all gravel.

I've been to a lot of outdoor flea markets in my day, and Albuquerque's never disappoints me.

Old 02-18-2009, 08:47 AM

1,753 posts, read 4,234,182 times
I LOVE flea markets, honest ta goodness flea markets. The ones around here are starting to slide down that slippery slope. One is named the Great Smokies Craft Fair and Flea Market. I've re-dubbed it the Smoky Mountain Asian Fair, because there are not only brimming with new stuff, but several spots are taken by asian men with masses and masses of new stuff by the case. They stack the boxes up, open the top one and write a price on the flap. Open for business. Don't get me wrong, I love those Rada knives and buy them failthfully- but to me, a flea market is supposed to be people getting rid of thier stuff not buying new to sell new.

Old 02-18-2009, 10:34 AM

Default Shiprock, Thoreau and Gallup

These places have nice Indian Flea Markets that ive been to a few times when i use to buy Pinon. KID TIP.. The one in Gallup is a very Big Flea Market on weekends and nice days. The one in Thoreau is easy to get to off I 40. el pintada kid

Old 02-20-2009, 12:06 PM

11 posts, read 39,635 times
Thanks for the tip. We are in the process of purging our house here in MN and moving to NM in June. I would like to reuse flea market finds and junk stuff to add to our home in New Mexico.

Old 02-20-2009, 12:30 PM

Default Flea Markets Anyone?

Does anyone from New Mexico have any favorite small hidden flea Markets or places with their Favorite Yard Sales? Also we must not overlook some of these Tourist Places like Clines Corners and Stuckeys and flying C with its good shrimp and friendly people at DQ they have SO Much interesting New Stuff to see and not just to buy but to get ideas for your Arts and Crafts if you are into that. el pintada kid
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico