Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2009, 01:17 PM

3 posts, read 4,771 times

Advertisements

Thanks, for the replies. They are very much appreciated and you have given me quite a bit more to consider. I am planning to visit Silver City in two weeks.

I apolgize for my original post being so hard to read. I was in a bit of a hurry when I typed it. I am used to being more careless and informal when it comes to internet message boards, forums, chat rooms and such. As for the bold font, that actually makes it easier for me to read.. haha. I suppose I should have been a little more considerate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2009, 03:41 PM

24 posts, read 52,697 times
I live in farmington nm and it gets freezing cold in the winter so you wouldn't like it here. Honestly if i were you i wouldn't move to new mexico. I hate it and have hated since my parents moved me here when i was 10 years old. There is nothing to do no shopping no resturants and i haven't had great expeirnces with the people. I lived down south for awhile and it was so different the people were alot nicer (not to say all people all rude) and the homes are way to expensive here including the rent. now keeping in mind the towns you are talking about . new mexico has a really high crime rate for the small population.Abq is pretty violent if you haven't already heard about all the bodies they found up on the mesa of murdered women its up to 13+ women. Honestly there are alot better states them NM. The only thing nm has to offer is no natural disasters and some high paying oil field jobs that will work your husband to death because of the hours. I would visit for a week before you deciede to come here. Research other areas. This is not a great area. Now keep in mind too this is my opinion. I've lived here 13 years and have family in other parts of the state and have been all over the whole state of nm. Oh yes I also have horrible experiences with the medical industry here. there are only four obgyns in my whole town and hospital sucks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico