Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2009, 06:54 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,363,453 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Towanda View Post
Another flame post.

Not allowed here at City-Data.
Neither is speaking Spanish, funny how you turn a blind eye to that.

Old 03-01-2009, 07:04 PM

422 posts, read 1,271,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
What a dumb thing to say! I DONT prefer reptiles over humans, but humans that kill innocent creatures are SCUM.

And we have rattlesnakes up here in IL, too, along with a few other species of venomous snake. Its not like we can frolic around w/o a care in the world. A couple up north of here did that and their dog ended up being bit by a Eastern Massasauga rattlesnake (the dog was fine). The couple was shocked to know that IL has rattlesnakes, but if they would have taken the time to learn what was around the area (like you all should do living in rattlesnake country), they would have known that they lived smack dab in the middle of prime rattlesnake habitat, and could have prevented the bite!

And yes, I have several critters here in cages, whats your point? I deal with MORE than you do on a daily basis, so there goes your stupid theory. I have species from all over the world right in my closet, and have worked with them daily for several years and never even remotely been close to being stung. If you LEARN about them and get to know them, youll know EXACTLY what youre dealing with and how to protect yourself. Plus, youll also learn to grow balls when dealing with them, instead of hiding in fear from them.
Yes, of course you have rattlers in your suburban Chicago back yard frolicking with your children, right?

By far, you are one of the most nastiest posters on CD. You show reptiles more kindness than your fellow human beings. It's easy for you to put other people down from miles away, isn't it? And you call others cowards on daily basis?

Since your tirades became the laughing stock of the Arizona forums now you're annoying the good people of New Mexico? What's with you? You can't sleep at night if you don't degrade, insult, put down others on daily basis?

Hope you folks have a heavy duty fly swatter for this Chicago pest.

Old 03-01-2009, 07:11 PM

9,191 posts, read 21,871,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towanda View Post
I hate snakes. Hate them. They make my skin crawl. I am sorry, that is my opinion and it is not going to change.

I do love my dogs. They are part of our family, and I WILL protect them against danger; that is part of being a responsible pet owner. They don't know that they must turn and walk the other way when they see a snake.

This house and our property is a safe place for my pets, my husband, and I. A reptile that slithers into our space is probably going to get itself killed, as several already have since we moved here. I don't feel any remorse about that at all.

I respect you people who love snakes, but I do not. I only ask that my opinion be respected too.

(Alison -- maybe you and I can take "snake aversion mental health therapy" together. I will call around and see if anyone is offering any "Two for the price of one" deals. )
It won't be, not by Steve-o. He thinks that we should just leave them in our yards and let our pets be bitten by them....or call Animal Control (which is closed on Sunday and Monday here) to come pick it up, LOL!!

But that's OK. I will kill any venomous snake I see on MY property, whether anybody else likes it or not, so he has no control over that.

He enjoys keeping them caged up...and probably feeds them live vermin...and enjoys listening to the screams of the live vermin (rabbit/mouse/rat/whatever) as it is either squeezed to death or paralyzed by the venom.

He wants everybody else to leave them alone in the wild, but it's quite acceptable that HE removes them from their natural environments so he can enoy seeing them slither around in aquarium type enclosures or whatever cages he uses to contain them.

Old 03-01-2009, 07:12 PM
_yb

1,120 posts, read 5,288,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xwideopenskyx View Post
now you're annoying the good people of New Mexico? What's with you?
Most locals could care less what some snake emo from Chicago or any were else says. PK is just antagonizing all these emos out of the wood work. He should just kill all the snakes he wants and keep his damn mouth shut.

Old 03-01-2009, 07:43 PM

3,011 posts, read 10,025,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
Neither is speaking Spanish, funny how you turn a blind eye to that.
And it's funny how I don't consider speaking Spanish on the same level as flaming another member.

Old 03-01-2009, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xwideopenskyx View Post
Yes, of course you have rattlers in your suburban Chicago back yard frolicking with your children, right?

By far, you are one of the most nastiest posters on CD. You show reptiles more kindness than your fellow human beings. It's easy for you to put other people down from miles away, isn't it? And you call others cowards on daily basis?

Since your tirades became the laughing stock of the Arizona forums now you're annoying the good people of New Mexico? What's with you? You can't sleep at night if you don't degrade, insult, put down others on daily basis?

Hope you folks have a heavy duty fly swatter for this Chicago pest.
Mmm hmmm, keep telling yourself that. Oh, and find a new hobby instead of following me around these boards, stalker. Speaking of fly swatters, Im about to go buy me an industrial sized one to keep you away.

Old 03-01-2009, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy4017 View Post
It won't be, not by Steve-o. He thinks that we should just leave them in our yards and let our pets be bitten by them....or call Animal Control (which is closed on Sunday and Monday here) to come pick it up, LOL!!

But that's OK. I will kill any venomous snake I see on MY property, whether anybody else likes it or not, so he has no control over that.

He enjoys keeping them caged up...and probably feeds them live vermin...and enjoys listening to the screams of the live vermin (rabbit/mouse/rat/whatever) as it is either squeezed to death or paralyzed by the venom.

He wants everybody else to leave them alone in the wild, but it's quite acceptable that HE removes them from their natural environments so he can enoy seeing them slither around in aquarium type enclosures or whatever cages he uses to contain them.
Wow. More comments from the Peanut Gallery. First off, I will never feed live mice to my snakes. Secondly, I dont keep venomous snakes as I have a child and its illegal in IL to keep venomous snakes. Thirdly, I wont ever keep a snake I find in the wild. Our 2 snakes came from breeders and theyre pampered babies. Anything else youd like to be wrong about tonight? Just curious, because Ive got all night.

Old 03-01-2009, 08:05 PM

Gosh, I bet you love your snakes more than you ever could your child......

Old 03-01-2009, 08:06 PM

3,061 posts, read 8,361,454 times
I just keep Steve-O on my ignore list. He has been there for quite some time.

Old 03-01-2009, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlisonL View Post
I just keep Steve-O on my ignore list. He has been there for quite some time.
Hmmmm......... LOL!! Maybe my list will get a tad longer.

Life really is too short for such nastiness!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico