U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2009, 08:52 PM

422 posts, read 782,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
Mmm hmmm, keep telling yourself that. Oh, and find a new hobby instead of following me around these boards, stalker. Speaking of fly swatters, Im about to go buy me an industrial sized one to keep you away.
LMBO!!! Don't flatter yourself genius. I live in the southwest and you don't. You're all over AZ and NM forums, where is one to go without running into your ridiculous posts? I lived in the midwest for many years, you're up on those forums as well . Have you posted on Alaska forums yet? Why don't you do us all a favor and unplug your pc and crawl into your closet with your little reptile friends.

Old 03-02-2009, 06:32 AM

12,965 posts, read 23,075,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by _yb View Post
PK is just antagonizing all these emos out of the wood work. He should just kill all the snakes he wants and keep his damn mouth shut.
You made more sense than any other poster on here YB.....as it makes me want to contact ''YAC'' who is over all the moderators at City Data and ask him about threads that are started on purpose to rouse folks up. As for me i don't put up with temper tantrums posters anymore as if they pull that crap i'll report them to YAC.

Anyway i've been asked twice to be moderator and i turned it down but maybe next time i wont.

Old 03-02-2009, 07:42 AM

1,753 posts, read 2,289,227 times
I've actually thought about this. Don't get scared, I was too at first but it all turned out okay.

Instead of spoutin' some "Let's all hug an' get along" crap.....

We're all different. What's important to one, isn't to another. By the same token, you can talk, screm, rant rave and cuss until you resemble a smurf and you're just not gonna change the other guy's mind UNTIL he wants to change it.

Honestly I see both sides. PK grew up being told and taught to kill snakes. That's what he does and as long as he's not breaking laws, it's his business.
Steve-O loves all things crawly (and creepy. Sorry Steve :-) ) and works toward their preservation. Same with Fischer-girl. That's their business.

Now, look at this arguement not so subjectively. Sub your passion/favorite thing/whatever for the word *snake*. Vinegaroon can plug in skis, Alison warm sunny days, Me horses, EP, well, heck- ANYTHING Albuquerque. It's a bit easier to see where the other guy is coming from now, just remembering how strongly YOU feel about YOUR word in there.

Then think about how you'd feel, if your whole family/area/group has the same feelings about that word. And then put yourself on a semi-anonymous message board where strangers berate you and belittle you for doing and believing something you have done/believed in for years and years.

I'm not trying to sway anyone either way. I just want y'all to take a step back and see, even if you don't understand it.

Old 03-02-2009, 08:06 AM

825 posts, read 1,709,913 times
Default What I Dislike

I grew up all over the Mountains of New Mexico and i refuse to be told by people who have never lived among the wild animals and Snakes and Insects and Lizards and other Poisonous animals what to do with them. Sure today we have all kinds of information on the Internet to Read and learn about animals but living with them on a Day to Day basis is a Different Story and the information i give to people on here about Snakes or anything about the Mountains im sure people will remember and use someday. KID TIP... All these Snake Lovers must have been Snakes in Earlier life times if they appreciate snakes more then Humans and some just start Arguments on my post just to shut them down and get the last word. >>>>>> Steve O seems to me to be a Troublemaker posting in all these forums and uses the Snake issue to Destroy important posts. Sure Rattlesnakes might be going extinct in some places of the Country but Not here in New Mexico where they are everywhere so come and get them before i find them. >>>>> NEW MEXICO is over half Mountains and Forests and Mesas and have lots of Rattlesnake but we are not gonna Breed them and allow them to Multiply and bite Us, our Kids and Pets just to Please Steve O or any Snake Lover. KID TIP... Theres still the Sidewinders which to me look like Bullsnakes so dont go pat these little Rattlers in the head thinking its a Bullsnake. el pintada kid

Old 03-02-2009, 08:18 AM

170 posts, read 280,094 times
RamblinRose Rocks!

Old 03-02-2009, 08:55 AM

3,062 posts, read 5,954,285 times
REP POINTS FOR YOU, Ramblin' Rose!!

AWESOME POST!!!!!!!

Old 03-02-2009, 08:58 AM

3,062 posts, read 5,954,285 times
As for posts telling Pintada Kid or anyone else to "keep their damn mouth shut", I don't care much for trying to shut down others' rights to post their opinions here.

Seems kind of anti-American anti-free speech, you know?

Then you get into all that ugliness over who has "the right" to post their opinions and who doesn't. Nasty business.

Old 03-02-2009, 09:24 AM

3,068 posts, read 5,052,311 times
Well said RRR.
I do not think its right of anyone to suggest another get "help" simply because a person does not like something. Geez Louise, I hate brussel sprouts too. Should I get help for that???
I think some people need to think before they engage their tongue. Its one thing to be passionate about something, to be rude about it is unforgivable. Therefore I tend to use the report button alot and I also have a growing ignore list.

Old 03-02-2009, 09:43 AM

5,554 posts, read 8,854,648 times
6 FOOT 3 threatened:

> ... asked twice to be moderator ... turned it down but maybe next time ...

Yeah, but then you would have to be nice to everyone like EnjoyEP.

Wouldn't you rather be a jerk sometimes?

Old 03-02-2009, 09:55 AM
_yb

1,135 posts, read 3,257,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towanda View Post
As for posts telling Pintada Kid or anyone else to "keep their damn mouth shut", I don't care much for trying to shut down others' rights to post their opinions here.

Seems kind of anti-American anti-free speech, you know?

Then you get into all that ugliness over who has "the right" to post their opinions and who doesn't. Nasty business.
How many of these post do we need? Hell people already want to cause bodily harm to PK for his snake post. What does he do? He starts another post on how to pull off rattle bugs. Is there a reason for him to keep bragging about killing snakes other than to antagonize? How many PK snake tip threads can one forum handle?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico