Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2009, 11:02 AM

3,011 posts, read 9,994,795 times

Advertisements

I don't know.

Who decides how many threads a member can start? Isn't that a function of the moderators? Do members have the right to tell other members to "shut their damn mouth?" How much restriction do you want in what gets posted here?

Every new thread has the name of the opening poster listed right under the title. If you don't want to read what Pintada Kid or anyone else posts, just don't click on the thread.

Or better yet, if you dislike someone's posts so much, put the member on your ignore list. You will never have to read another thing that they post.

Seems like a simple solution to me.

Old 03-02-2009, 11:09 AM

9,331 posts, read 20,668,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towanda View Post
I don't know.

Who decides how many threads a member can start? Isn't that a function of the moderators? Do members have the right to tell other members to "shut their damn mouth?" How much restriction do you want in what gets posted here?

Every new thread has the name of the opening poster listed right under the title. If you don't want to read what Pintada Kid or anyone else posts, just don't click on the thread.

Or better yet, if you dislike someone's posts so much, put the member on your ignore list. You will never have to read another thing that they post.

Seems like a simple solution to me.
Towanda and RamblinRose have the right take on this issue IMO.

Old 03-02-2009, 11:27 AM
_yb

1,120 posts, read 5,271,829 times
I do not have any reason to put PK or anyone else on my ignore. I do not agree with some of you that think these antagonizing post are good for this forum. I do not care if PK wants to kill a hundred snakes a day. I just think his snake threads are only meant to inflame. Several have been closed already for that very reason.

Kill away PK. I'm sure this thread has went were you intended it to go.

Old 03-02-2009, 02:03 PM

775 posts, read 2,579,799 times
Default YB and his Opinions

My Rattlesnake posts are important for people living in N.M. because they get to learn when they are out there and how to protect themselves. When i post the Danger of Bears i get feedback from there also but i dont care because i realize there are people who will be saved because of my advice. >>>> Since i came onto these groups they have taken on a realistic N.M. flavor its the Snakes that are trying to ruin it finding whatever reason they can think off to stop me from speaking out not just on Snakes but other issues. el pintada kid

Old 03-02-2009, 02:11 PM

1,305 posts, read 3,600,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamblinRoseRanch View Post
I've actually thought about this. Don't get scared, I was too at first but it all turned out okay.

Instead of spoutin' some "Let's all hug an' get along" crap.....

We're all different. What's important to one, isn't to another. By the same token, you can talk, screm, rant rave and cuss until you resemble a smurf and you're just not gonna change the other guy's mind UNTIL he wants to change it.

Honestly I see both sides. PK grew up being told and taught to kill snakes. That's what he does and as long as he's not breaking laws, it's his business.
Steve-O loves all things crawly (and creepy. Sorry Steve :-) ) and works toward their preservation. Same with Fischer-girl. That's their business.

Now, look at this arguement not so subjectively. Sub your passion/favorite thing/whatever for the word *snake*. Vinegaroon can plug in skis, Alison warm sunny days, Me horses, EP, well, heck- ANYTHING Albuquerque. It's a bit easier to see where the other guy is coming from now, just remembering how strongly YOU feel about YOUR word in there.

Then think about how you'd feel, if your whole family/area/group has the same feelings about that word. And then put yourself on a semi-anonymous message board where strangers berate you and belittle you for doing and believing something you have done/believed in for years and years.

I'm not trying to sway anyone either way. I just want y'all to take a step back and see, even if you don't understand it.
I hate skis. Whenever I see skis, I want to take a machete and hack off their heads. All skis must die.

Old 03-02-2009, 06:33 PM

1,753 posts, read 4,233,233 times
Thanks, Clutternize, Towanda and Alison. Vinegaroon, as soon as I find that sticking out tongue smiling smiley- you're gettin' it! (oops. That was a threat, huh?)

Now, off to finish the spinach and feta ravioli with crab and alfredo! It's dinnertime in TN.

Old 03-02-2009, 07:31 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,103,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pintada Kid View Post
I grew up all over the Mountains of New Mexico and i refuse to be told by people who have never lived among the wild animals and Snakes and Insects and Lizards and other Poisonous animals what to do with them. Sure today we have all kinds of information on the Internet to Read and learn about animals but living with them on a Day to Day basis is a Different Story and the information i give to people on here about Snakes or anything about the Mountains im sure people will remember and use someday. KID TIP... All these Snake Lovers must have been Snakes in Earlier life times if they appreciate snakes more then Humans and some just start Arguments on my post just to shut them down and get the last word. >>>>>> Steve O seems to me to be a Troublemaker posting in all these forums and uses the Snake issue to Destroy important posts. Sure Rattlesnakes might be going extinct in some places of the Country but Not here in New Mexico where they are everywhere so come and get them before i find them. >>>>> NEW MEXICO is over half Mountains and Forests and Mesas and have lots of Rattlesnake but we are not gonna Breed them and allow them to Multiply and bite Us, our Kids and Pets just to Please Steve O or any Snake Lover. KID TIP... Theres still the Sidewinders which to me look like Bullsnakes so dont go pat these little Rattlers in the head thinking its a Bullsnake. el pintada kid
Riiiiiight, Im the "troublemaker"? Think about it, Kid... your post shows and advocates how to shoot a snake with a gun (neverminding ricochets and other people who might be around) and how to butcher a snake with a shovel.

Id think reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal hard who the real "troublemaker" really is. Sounds like youre bringing nothing but trouble to a certain animal you despise.

Old 03-02-2009, 07:40 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,103,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pintada Kid View Post
My Rattlesnake posts are important for people living in N.M. because they get to learn when they are out there and how to protect themselves. When i post the Danger of Bears i get feedback from there also but i dont care because i realize there are people who will be saved because of my advice. >>>> Since i came onto these groups they have taken on a realistic N.M. flavor its the Snakes that are trying to ruin it finding whatever reason they can think off to stop me from speaking out not just on Snakes but other issues. el pintada kid
There is NOTHING to protect against!!!! You take a step back, go around it. Whats so hard for you to understand about that?!?!?!

File:Rattlesnakesign.jpg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 03-02-2009, 07:54 PM

148 posts, read 755,082 times
I tend to leave the rattlesnakes alone. Most often they will wander off the trail if given a minute or two. For the pesky ones with an attitude, I use this loaded with 3" mag shotshells.

http://www.taurususa.com/images/imagesMain/4510TKR-3SSMAG_r1.jpg (broken link)

Old 03-02-2009, 08:06 PM

775 posts, read 2,579,799 times
Default Wrong Again Steve o

I dont hate Rattlesnakes because they do a lot of good in my Remedios and the meat is Great for HB Pressure. And i like to Collect the Rattles which twist right off. Sometimes on TV they show people biting the Rattles off with their mouth or cutting them off with a knife but its Lots easier to just twist them off and they come right off. On TV they dont show anyone cutting the head off which is real important. Someone mentioned about Ricocheting Bullets well in Town it might be a Danger of shooting someone but if theres rocks around for a Bullet to Ricochet i use rocks to Smash the Rattlers Head or a Shovel. A gun is nice because that way you only damage the Head if your Good with a Pistol you rarely miss the head sometimes the Rattlesnakes will line up on your sites. The big Rattlers over 6 foot can be dangerous to Tangle with if you use Rocks or a Shovel. My Family i use to hear them Scream inside the Car everytime A Big Rattler would Jump at me when i was trying to get a Head Shot. p.s. i notice Steve O didnt say a Word when i said that the Sidewinder Rattlesnake can look like a Bullsnake? el pintada kid
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico