Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2009, 08:38 AM

775 posts, read 2,582,292 times

Advertisements

Boots are Great for keeping Rattlesnakes from biting you or when youre riding a Horse but to wear them everyday can be Tiring. KID TIP... I like to wear light hiking shoes all the time for years i wore boots my favorite were those Black State Police round toe but since i found out that wearing shoes is much more comfortable and less tiring for your back and your body. Around the house or yard those Dr. Schole shoes are great and they are easy to strap on. el pintada kid
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2009, 08:52 AM

1,305 posts, read 3,604,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pintada Kid View Post
Boots are Great for keeping Rattlesnakes from biting you or when youre riding a Horse but to wear them everyday can be Tiring. KID TIP... I like to wear light hiking shoes all the time for years i wore boots my favorite were those Black State Police round toe but since i found out that wearing shoes is much more comfortable and less tiring for your back and your body. Around the house or yard those Dr. Schole shoes are great and they are easy to strap on. el pintada kid
Do you think the snakes can get through my wingtips?

Old 02-27-2009, 12:47 PM

Default Vinegoon and His Wingtips

Probably Vinegoon but remember according to Some Snake Lovers 99.99999 per cent of Snake bites are not poisonous you have to decide between getting bit tired or getting bit relaxed and refreshed in Comfortable. KID TIP... When i wear Low Cut Shoes and Shorts and Tank Tops in the Summer out in the Mountains IM SUPER careful where i Walk. Another KID TIP... If you are Neurotic about getting bit then you should wear loose fitting Clothes or Tough Coveralls but in close to 100 degrees weather it might not be TOO COOL. p.s. the Indians wore Mocassins and how many Indians do we hear of getting bit? Maybe they used OSHA? el pintada kid

Old 02-27-2009, 09:33 PM

702 posts, read 2,290,960 times
I like your tips, Pintada, and I enjoy all of your posts. I've thought about meeting you someday, you're not too far away.

When you say boots, how tall of boots do you mean? What style or brand of boots do you recommend for the most practical use around the terrain of NM? I have black leather boots that I wear when I go out away from the city, they go just above my ankle. I have not yet seen a snake here, but I'm sure I will one of these days.

Do you believe in killing (shooting) rattlesnakes for self defense if the situation is scary enough?

Indian mocassins were very practical footwear and likely lasted quite some time. I often refer to the practices of our ancestors for the best answers to questions we have today.

Old 02-28-2009, 09:01 AM

Default Fnord and Boot Tips

Thanks for the kind words on my Posts. Lots of good people on this N.M. forum maybe someday i can meet some of them Fnord. I have all kinds of boots but i never wear them. KID TIP... I do remember that when i looked for boots the Sole was the most important thing to look for in a boot. If it was Rubber or leather it was a Good Boot. If it was Glassy it was a good boot to slip and break your neck especially out hiking in Cliffs or walking on icy ground and this applies to shoes also. I would hate to wear boots that come up to my knee unless they are those rubber heavy duty sewer boots and i was washing my car or pickup or cleaning the yard they work great for that and even work if your in a Snake area and sometimes i do use them for protection from Snakes. el pintada kid
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico