U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 03-18-2009, 12:58 PM

3,425 posts, read 6,421,128 times

Advertisements

When the rest of you get some goats, make sure to get some females so I can come over for some cheese.

We visited a dairy farm out here a couple of yrs ago and my husband started thinking about goats. I wanted chickens.

If PK is truly gone, it should be noted, as he was probably the last person on cd to access the internet via WebTV.

Old 03-18-2009, 01:16 PM

33,807 posts, read 29,249,845 times
PK will be missed. He is a tried and true western tall tale spinner with a unique and difficult to comprehend way of writing incredibly long run on sentences about rattle snakes, bad weather, windmills, rivers, coyotes, Carrizozo, and all the other things pertinent to the mythical Center of New Mexico.
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]

Old 03-18-2009, 02:41 PM

2,599 posts, read 700,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mortimer View Post
Towanda declared:

> Well, if PK has been booted, I will go on record as saying
> I would be very sorry because I think he adds an eccentricity ...

I'm confident he's still here and lurking.

PK could be as petulant as anyone here (almost) as evidenced by
the nasty rattlesnake exchanges we witnessed.

He probably got a 'courtesy' DM from a moderator and is stewing for a while.

> I would miss him. ....

I would too. Not sixteen new threads a week with "KID" all over the
subject, but I can always use some new use for Prairie dog droppings
or whatever spontaneous subject matter pops into his head.
you're the one that DM'd me bitching that he (PK) starts too many meaningless threads, and even started a thread about how threads started by one peson was too many. I'll bet you will miss him, hypocrite.
Quote:
As for my posts in those inane Pintada Kid threads;
I'm getting tired of that attention w40re starting all those threads containing his name all the time.

He was cute when he used to just post his salty old yarns about cutting off the heads of rattlesnakes
and moving to the center of NM, now he's just tiresome.

Earlier, I ran some statistics showing that he starts more threads than the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th most prolific thread starters combined.

Old 03-18-2009, 03:00 PM

3,059 posts, read 6,339,736 times
Okay, so PK has not been popular with everyone.

But anyone who doesn't like his posts just doesn't have to read them. No-one is forced to read any posts here.

And if you are really ticked off about his posts, couldn't you just have put him on ignore?

It certainly works for me with several members.

Old 03-18-2009, 03:11 PM

7,088 posts, read 12,036,183 times
Being the curious person I am, I emailed PK.
He got into a run in with a mod in the immigration forum. He didn't think he had been booted off but when he posts now, his threads do not show up so it's like they're deleted before they get posted.
Anyway, he says that if anyone wants to talk to him or ask him anything to email him.

Old 03-18-2009, 03:11 PM

5,553 posts, read 9,556,918 times
highdesertmutz angrily posted:

> you're the one that DM'd me bitching that he (PK) starts too many meaningless threads,

I know that it makes you feel special that I DM'd you, but I've DM'd other people about PK and others.

I've even DM'd other people ABOUT YOU! <Gasp!>

Just because you get a DM from someone shouldn't get you all excited.

> even started a thread about how threads started by one peson was too many.

Um, if you would calm down, you might be able to post without so many typos.
That sentence is practically unintelligible.

I started this thread in [About the Forum] if anyone wants to know what mutz is yelling about:
Limits on starting threads

> I'll bet you will miss him, hypocrite.

I'd miss you too if you went away. Please stay. Don't get mad and abandon the forum just because you hate me. You're not alone. Many people hate me.

Oh, BTW. Direct insults are against the TOS.

If you want to insult me, it would be best to use the DM feature (again) and insult me there (again). This time, see if you can come up with something more creative than the last word that you used. The censorship function in C-D deleted one of the letters in the word you used. I could repeat it here and get around the censorship tool (because I'm more creative than you are), but I try to conduct myself with decorum.

Last edited by mortimer; 03-18-2009 at 03:32 PM..

Old 03-18-2009, 05:00 PM

13,025 posts, read 24,458,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by songinthewind7 View Post
He got into a run in with a mod in the immigration forum. He didn't think he had been booted off but when he posts now, his threads do not show up so it's like they're deleted before they get posted.
Anyway, he says that if anyone wants to talk to him or ask him anything to email him.
Well immigration is run by YAC so he really picked the wrong moderator to mess with as Yac is in charge of all the moderators. A few times when i couldn't reach EnjoyEP so i DM Yac and he always DM me back and told me he's right on it .

Old 03-18-2009, 05:47 PM

not sure, but I think the last post the kid made was something funny about the height of the fence on the mexico/us border, and if someone wanted to, they could make trucks back up to the fence and use them as ramprs or something to get into the us, as usual, he was comical and whimsical. his posts, and number of posts never really bugged me, I would steer clear of his threads if I didn't have anything to add. I expect I'll be getting the boot soon for my caustic attitude and remarks. but, hey, I was looking for a forum when I found this one, no biggie. some people seem to think there's freedom of speech here on city data, and this is not true. if it were true, we wouldn't have mods cutting and deleting posts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by songinthewind7 View Post

Old 03-18-2009, 05:49 PM

106 posts, read 302,268 times
Quote:
Well immigration is run by YAC so he really picked the wrong moderator to mess with as Yac is in charge of all the moderators.
I would hope that ALL moderators follow the same rules on this website. So dealing with a moderator or the person that manages the moderators should experience the same results.

I have found PK's posts to be humorous if taken in the right context. Certainly, none of them were of the high drama or button pushing that others exhibited off this site.

Old 03-18-2009, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fasder View Post
I would hope that ALL moderators follow the same rules on this website. So dealing with a moderator or the person that manages the moderators should experience the same results.

I have found PK's posts to be humorous if taken in the right context. Certainly, none of them were of the high drama or button pushing that others exhibited off this site.
I agree, his posts were light and airy! I'll miss seeing 10 a week myself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico