Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2009, 06:20 PM

1,753 posts, read 4,250,169 times

Advertisements

Clairz- you mean GOAT kids?

I'm with you, Towanda.

Rybert, no, no, no. Zenascape is done by that Lucy Lawless chick, in full costume. Not sure who the Xeroscape feller is.....

Old 03-17-2009, 07:43 PM

332 posts, read 1,120,001 times
I sooo want a goat. Can't afford to fence in my property yet this year, though, and I'm afraid of all the stray dogs around here. Maybe next year.

PK really gone? I agree about the eccentricity. Don't always agree with him, but who else are we going to find to post a nutty (but in a good way) new thread 6 times a day?

Old 03-17-2009, 08:39 PM

3,061 posts, read 8,362,867 times
If PK has been booted then I can think of one other person who should also be banned for life.

(and no I am not talking about myself. LOL)

Old 03-17-2009, 09:16 PM

215 posts, read 652,306 times
Allison L - I think I know who you mean and I so. 'O' agree....

Old 03-18-2009, 06:52 AM

5,548 posts, read 16,081,122 times
rybert - stop kidding around. This is serious:

> Is Zenoscape the same as Xeriscape?

Zenoscape is some sort of ringtone for you cellphone.

For those that don't know,

The word xeriscaping is a portmanteau of xeros (Greek for "dry") and landscape.

Xeriscaping and xerogardening refers to landscaping and gardening in ways that reduce or eliminate the need for supplemental irrigation.

Xeriscape and the xeriscape logo are not registered trademarks of Denver Water, the water department of Denver, Colorado. They were created by the Front Range Xeriscape Task Force of Denver Department in 1978.

Source:
Xeriscaping - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

People also use the term zero-scape/zero-scaping where you use no
water whatsoever.

Technically, xeriscaping requires some irrigation or supplimental water (like songinthewind7 and I use from our shower-heat-up-water).

Old 03-18-2009, 07:09 AM

5,548 posts, read 16,081,122 times
Towanda declared:

> Well, if PK has been booted, I will go on record as saying
> I would be very sorry because I think he adds an eccentricity ...

I'm confident he's still here and lurking.

PK could be as petulant as anyone here (almost) as evidenced by
the nasty rattlesnake exchanges we witnessed.

He probably got a 'courtesy' DM from a moderator and is stewing for a while.

> I would miss him. ....

I would too. Not sixteen new threads a week with "KID" all over the
subject, but I can always use some new use for Prairie dog droppings
or whatever spontaneous subject matter pops into his head.

Old 03-18-2009, 07:47 AM

170 posts, read 453,778 times
I hope the PKid is not gone! I loved reading his posts, as it gave us an honest view of living in rural NM by someone who actually lives it. Not very PC at times, but if we were all PC all the time, what fun would that be?

Come back Kid - tell us a story about when you were a kid wandering the hills, I want to hear more about curanderos, local flora and fauna, and how to construct a hat out of the skin of a cactus!

Hey, maybe he is on the west mesa at the crime scene - wasn't he looking for a burial site of some unsolved crime a while back?

Old 03-18-2009, 08:05 AM

3,011 posts, read 10,027,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mortimer View Post

> I would miss him. ....

I would too. Not sixteen new threads a week with "KID" all over the
subject, but I can always use some new use for Prairie dog droppings
or whatever spontaneous subject matter pops into his head.
I would miss his never-failing love for New Mexico and his promotion of our state.

He's one of few native New Mexicans I have actually encountered, and he has stories to tell that none of the rest of us have experienced.

Old 03-18-2009, 08:14 AM

3,557 posts, read 10,218,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towanda View Post
Pintada Kid.
Of course... duh.

Old 03-18-2009, 09:33 AM

2,857 posts, read 6,725,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towanda View Post
He's one of few native New Mexicans I have actually encountered, and he has stories to tell that none of the rest of us have experienced.
Maybe because they never happened? His exagerrations were so extreme that they could be insulting to your intelligence. He'd have you believe that temperatures of 30 below are a nightly occurrence in the "center of NM", where one can rent to own while determining rattlesnake gender and tracking the weather with some rancid bear fat in a mason jar.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico