Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2009, 08:02 PM

77,772 posts, read 104,313,949 times

Advertisements

Townada, please don't leave us> I know how you feel and I agree, but I also understand the need for guidelines. I neve let anything PK said bother me, however if he/she was forwarded we have to respect the policies of the forum...Dont go away, please!!!!

Nita

Old 03-19-2009, 08:37 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,110,369 times
Towanda: I second that opinion. The moderator stated that PK had too many infractions. That's the way it is, and I don't want you to leave over it.

Old 03-19-2009, 09:41 PM

405 posts, read 1,332,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caydriver View Post
Towanda, please keep in touch and Clair how does one get over to your site? By the way I hope Steve O was banned also.

Negative. Might have to wish a little harder on that one.

Old 03-20-2009, 08:24 AM

390 posts, read 949,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
Towanda: I second that opinion. The moderator stated that PK had too many infractions. That's the way it is, and I don't want you to leave over it.
Catman and nmnita. So did the Jews. This is about the right to freedom of speech without heavy handed censorship. Appreciate those of you that took a stand.

Old 03-20-2009, 08:36 AM

23 posts, read 31,963 times
Happy cows come from new mexico, not california. living proof is this one with the heart shape on his forehead.
anyway, I never knew this person PK, but am sure he was a good person, after reading some of his material.
I'm wondering, what does it take to be a moderator anyway? Is it anything like being in the army, where you have to like or kiss someone's behind to become one or get to the top? if everyone here has disdain for this guy ***, how could one person be banned? why are people not judged by a jury of their peers here? do moderators have the authority to recuse themselfs from being a moderator? sort of like, resign? if they feel bad or think they've decided wrongly?
Attached Thumbnails
Pk-cow2.jpg  

Last edited by pencilin; 03-20-2009 at 09:29 AM..

Old 03-20-2009, 08:37 AM

1,732 posts, read 4,438,691 times
Wow, I can't believe anyone could possibly draw a parallel between a city data forum and the Third Reich.

Old 03-20-2009, 08:58 AM

52,342 posts, read 34,085,385 times
city-data: it's worse than hitler!

Old 03-20-2009, 08:58 AM

41,478 posts, read 59,608,382 times
I can see blanking out obscene or threatening words, posts or ideas (as in commonly accepted obscenities as F888 YOU) but I cannot see banning someone for “too many infractions” (what infractions btw) or a uniquely semi English grammar or spelling. I also cannot see banishment with out any explanation and “too many infractions” is an insufficient explanation. I have been chastised for calling some commentators ignorant fools but I have not done it very often or very bluntly.

Although this Forum is a privately owned, hence inherently tyrannical, venue it has been marked by a very free form of debate. I appreciate that freedom and am willing to, more or less, bide by the rules. I do not appreciate being, or having another poster, be chastised or banned by a self appointed “Chief Moderator”. I do not like sanctimonious behavior of any kind.

I would like Pintada Kid to continue his posts on this or other forums. ‘Nuff said.

Old 03-20-2009, 09:15 AM

1,938 posts, read 4,738,082 times
There is no "freedom of speech" or "first amendment" rights on a private forum
and I have no idea what may have precipitated PK's banishment so I can't
comment on that, but I've set up several discussion groups and been a moderator
on others on and off for years and I CAN say that I found the moderator's response
to the concerns expressed here to be both unnecessarily high handed and bordering
on the outright rude.

Your forum, run it as you will, but there are two things that degrade forums very
rapidly; tolerating poor behavior from special buddies and arrogant moderating.

The average person here ain't dumb, they know when they are being treated
as if they ride the short bus. And I doubt that any of them like it.

I would strongly suggest that ALL the moderators step back, read the TOS
and ask themselves if perhaps they need to chill a bit.

FWIW

Old 03-20-2009, 09:21 AM

3,422 posts, read 10,879,984 times
reducto ad hitlerum will kill a debate every time.

To: pencillin - *** is actually yac, a moderator, though "censorship ***" sounds like a euphemism for something. Thanks for the chuckle. Whatever caused PK, a former member, to get banned, happened somewhere else in the forums. He would always post here with rambling statements about whatever was on his mind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico