U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2009, 02:26 PM

246 posts, read 547,839 times

Advertisements

Oh man a blizzard for Raton - how exciting! It's been awhile for them
and it's times like these when I miss that town! Everyone just stay
abreast of the weather and play it safe please!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2009, 02:35 PM

7,962 posts, read 16,778,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiaDalma View Post
What about rain in the southern portions? I think Raton will probably be in the bullseye of snow (lots of it!) from the most recent updates from here. March is goin' out like a lion here I think LOL Dodge City they'd said earlier, might get a couple FEET of snow LOL
Heavy wet snow is what they were saying this stuff was going to be
Thought it might be doin' something there already.
(gosh, I can't believe these last couple of posts are postin' now LOL)
Tia Dalma
I'm not so sure rain is even in the forecast here. I can't remember the last time we saw rain here. It's been a very long time. Song lives up in the mountains, maybe she has gotten something, we've gotten zero in LC. I don't think it's rained here since the Bush administration.

Old 03-26-2009, 03:12 PM

4,470 posts, read 6,616,860 times
Exclamation RE the snow etc.

It's about 35 now, and the wind chill is prob about 25..blowing about 15 with gusts to 35 or so.
99% cloudy....dark to the NW and W...
Forecast says snow tonight and temps down in the teens for the next 2 days.
WE have to go to Abq. Fri am and will spend the night and return to Fence Lake on sat...hope is gets warmer soon.

Guess I shouldn't of bought those garden seeds yet..

Happy trails,
We are heading to summer....

HW

Old 03-26-2009, 03:42 PM

5,549 posts, read 13,849,546 times
I accidentally found a cool interactive snow depth map:

NOHRSC Interactive Snow Information

You can zoom into an area by clicking the the [zoom control]
or just zooming in via a two-point-box (wait a second or so).

Geek toys. Are you a geek?

Old 03-26-2009, 03:48 PM

390 posts, read 817,985 times
Well here in the Capitans it is getting a little darker and the wind is blowing. Temperature has dropped this pm. Looks a little like snow to the southwest.

Old 03-26-2009, 05:18 PM

16,175 posts, read 20,184,521 times
The Front Range in Colorado is getting hammered and is heading your way. DIA got shut down. Blizzard conditions north of Denver. Vail Pass was shut down twice yesterday. It's sure to be heading your way pretty quick. The Denver-Colorado Springs snow totals is 12-14 inches, and is still coming down. With 30 m.p.h. winds as well.

I was down in SE New Mexico visiting friends in Hagerman, then in Edgewood this past weekend. Awful dry in those areas. And the wind Sunday night and early Monday morning? Yikes! You guys need moisture there, and it's coming.

Old 03-26-2009, 08:01 PM

215 posts, read 572,873 times
Default Man overboard....abandon ship!

Well all I can say is HOLD ON......IT'S GOING TO BE A LONG NIGHT...it is blowing about 40mph right now, gusts up to 55, just a howlin! It's 18 degrees and just bloody nasty here. I'm not sure what it will look like in the morning .......Ice? Rain? Snow? I'll keep y'all posted. Stay tuned....

Old 03-26-2009, 08:18 PM

16,175 posts, read 20,184,521 times
You take care down there HT! I lived In Raton for a time in the early 80's. The motels will darn sure fill up if they haven't already. Springer has only a couple and Wagon Mound has zero. The good thing is Raton has a few dozen. I stayed at the Colt for a time; handy with the Pioneer close by. I know a few motels have closed up like the Capri on the north side of the bypass. I recall talkin w/ ya when you first moved there. You getting used to it now?

Old 03-26-2009, 09:17 PM

215 posts, read 572,873 times
Default "listen to the wind blow... down comes the night"....

Thanks HH - yup I do remember your kind welcome. I am getting used to it, I guess I'm still looking for the golden ring though. I think Raton has lots of potential, but that's on another thread. The wind chill right now is -4! I bet most of the motels in town are busy, I'm just happy to be in my home, not on the road and definately not going across the pass !

I'll take some pics in the AM, wonder what it will be like after another 8 hours of this stuff....

Old 03-26-2009, 09:34 PM

3,012 posts, read 8,767,778 times
Not a bit of snow here southeast of Santa Fe. Nothing but some light rain. And the weather map shows everything to the east of us.

So it is looking like our chances for several inches (which they have been predicting all week) might not happen. I will be very disappointed if that is the case.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico