U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2009, 11:00 AM

70,073 posts, read 80,711,497 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
Still going
Too bad to go out and get pics. Got some of Dakota though he wasnt impressed with the snow

love the pics, Is he a full grown Lab or a pup? He doesn't look quite big enough to be a full grown pure-breed Lab, he is so cute

Nita
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2009, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Towanda View Post
I don't have fruit trees (well, we have a crabapple but I am not sure it ever produces anything) but I AM worried about all the budding trees and shrubs and the new perennials I have seen getting their spring growth -- I wonder how much damage was done to them?

I guess we will know this weekend whether the storm damaged anything.

Looks like a lot of fresh new snow up on the mountains though, Vinegaroon. ?The city and the mountains all around us looked really glorious today!
It must have damaged something Towanda, maybe it is the reason Kansas lost last night. Boy was I shocked when I woke-up to hear they lost. I was sure they would win...I am sorry, plus I hate MSU.

Nita

Old 03-28-2009, 11:30 AM

3,012 posts, read 8,834,862 times
Yes, my forsythias look pretty bad this morning - haven't gone out to look at my other things. Darn. I am sure my apple blossoms are lost, and who knows what else.....

We still have a lot of snow on the ground and the trees, but it is a sunny day so I am sure everything will melt fast. We got some really cool pictures of Santa Fe yesterday with all the snow still looking fresh and pretty.

Oh, I wasn't really surprised that Kansas lost. They are a young team, and were not even expected to get to the NCAA tournament this year, so getting to the Sweet Sixteen was a real bonus and a learning experience for all of those freshman on the team. I am still disappointed though, I want them to to win the National Championship every year! I hate everyone Kansas plays... LOL

Old 03-28-2009, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Towanda View Post
Yes, my forsythias look pretty bad this morning - haven't gone out to look at my other things. Darn. I am sure my apple blossoms are lost, and who knows what else.....

We still have a lot of snow on the ground and the trees, but it is a sunny day so I am sure everything will melt fast. We got some really cool pictures of Santa Fe yesterday with all the snow still looking fresh and pretty.

Oh, I wasn't really surprised that Kansas lost. They are a young team, and were not even expected to get to the NCAA tournament this year, so getting to the Sweet Sixteen was a real bonus and a learning experience for all of those freshman on the team. I am still disappointed though, I want them to to win the National Championship every year! I hate everyone Kansas plays... LOL
They are young, but I still wanted to see them go just one more round..

Nita

Old 03-28-2009, 11:56 AM

Me too. And especially after they led nearly the whole game.

Old 03-28-2009, 12:15 PM

1,754 posts, read 3,628,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
It is all gone now. Nice day inside beside the fire with an 8 pack of Guinness and a movie to keep me company Tomorrow and Sunday comes the melting and the mud :|

Just be glad you don't have mud season like we do here. Been raining since Wednesday, I think. That's one thing i'm not gonna miss- having my muck boots sucked off of my feet by the mud in the field!

Old 03-28-2009, 12:20 PM

Hmmm. Our road is a strip of mud from beginning to end!

And when the snow in the yard melts, there will be mud in all the low spots. And this red clay mud is fun to clean off your shoes.

Old 03-28-2009, 12:44 PM

7,273 posts, read 16,971,782 times
Still cold here but no snow. A couple of hummingbirds hanging around.

Old 03-28-2009, 05:25 PM

7,509 posts, read 16,105,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
love the pics, Is he a full grown Lab or a pup? He doesn't look quite big enough to be a full grown pure-breed Lab, he is so cute

Nita
He is a full grown pure bred Staffordshire Bull Terrier

Old 03-28-2009, 05:26 PM

7,509 posts, read 16,105,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamblinRoseRanch View Post
Just be glad you don't have mud season like we do here. Been raining since Wednesday, I think. That's one thing i'm not gonna miss- having my muck boots sucked off of my feet by the mud in the field!
We do have wind and fire season, the joys of New Mexico hehe
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico