Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 02:16 PM

3,557 posts, read 10,218,659 times

Advertisements

I thought I saw the stars lining-up the other night. Must have been for you guys.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2009, 02:54 PM

1,753 posts, read 4,250,169 times
Aw... thanks, Rybert. :-)

Old 04-06-2009, 07:57 PM

1,063 posts, read 3,024,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamblinRoseRanch View Post

Ya wanna hear something REEEALLLY weird?

I emailed an ad to the Mountain View Telegraph last Friday, to be run this Thursday and next, ISO a horse property to lease option. I called this morning to pay for the ad. A few hours later, the lady from the paper called me- someone had JUST called in an ad that sounded perfect. She asked the lady's permission to give me her name and number. I called her and it sounds PERFECT for us! She's emailing pics this weekend, so we'll see. She's not only amenable to us having animals and horses, she's also open to selling us the home, should we decide we want to stay there and has offered infformation about the neighborhood as well. If this works out.... wow.
That sounds great!!!! now just to get the pics and check it out. I knew it would work out!
Jane

Old 04-07-2009, 02:17 PM

:0)

Old 04-07-2009, 04:28 PM

13 posts, read 28,047 times
I'm envious Ramblin Rose....we have been checking NM out for years now but it is just in the last 4 mths that we can start to make plans (due to family issues), including putting our house on the market last week. I hope its all you want. I can relate to the issues of cats,dogs, goats and horses...they are more important to us then what the house looks like. (Just found this city data forum yesterday and joined)

Old 04-07-2009, 07:26 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,341,443 times
Welcome jufamarie...

It took us 2 years to get here full time and it looks like just about everyone on here that's moved here, that it's taken some time.

Finally the time for RRR and soon it will be the time for you to get here.

Old 04-08-2009, 08:47 AM

Thanks, Jufa and welcome to the forum.

I know i'm romanticizing things here, but New Mexico brings you home when it's time. The lady I spoke to this week regarding her home for lease was SO adamant about being sure that we were sure this is what we wanted. She also commented that you either love it or hate it, there's not much in the way of ambivalence. I reassured her we're country people and we LIKE being away from town- I can always go into town when I need the lots of people vibe, but I prefer to stay out on the farm with my family and critters. :-) It just seems to fall in place when it's right, I know it's hard to be patient when you want to be GONE so badly...but that's the way it seems to work.
It helped to fill my time with decluttering the house and seeing what you REALLY need to live. Not only does it keep you busy, you realize how much useless crap ya have :-)

Good luck!

Thanks, Song. It seems like we were there just yesterday, slidin' down the dunes with Kent (Mr. Chilegal, for those who haven't met him) and sittin' on top with Jane, watching the sun set. OTOH, it seems like a lifetime away. And while I know we've got over a month still here, with all I have to do- it's gonna be zoooooomin' by!

Old 04-08-2009, 09:18 AM

7,395 posts, read 19,341,443 times

I'm jumping for joy for you all right now.

Old 04-08-2009, 01:13 PM

13 posts, read 28,047 times
Hey Ramblin Rose we are going to Tenn in June to meet friends, camp and ride our horses for a few days before heading to Mich to visit family. Tenn has some pretty riding but don't like their weather.

Old 04-08-2009, 08:06 PM

Thanks, Song. :0)

Really, Jufe? Where are you heading in TN? Remember to pack allergy meds, it looks like the green is comin' back from the drought with a vengeance!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
View detailed profiles of: