U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 05-14-2009, 04:39 PM

7,064 posts, read 11,293,530 times
We need rain sooooo bad.

Charlie and I are going to a meeting at the fire dept. this evening. He's been asked to join and I'm going along because maybe I'll join and do something to.
I found out yesterday through an email someone sent me that there are 51 people here in the Timberon Fire Dept. and not all are firefighters.
I don't know how many people they had but I assumed that people that were volunteers fought fires. I didn't realize there is so much more to it and behind the scenes people until it was pointed out to me. Maybe I'll be a behind the scenes person as fighting fires may freak me out but then again, maybe it will be a good experience.
I'll find out and then I'll think about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2009, 05:14 PM

1,067 posts, read 1,210,122 times
Song,

It is always good to volunteer in the local community in one way another. Maybe you will find your niche at the fire department. You can never have too many volunteers to fight fires. It can be a long exhausting process, but I bet you know that better than I do. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Yes pray for rain!!!!

Old 05-14-2009, 05:45 PM

18,269 posts, read 2,577,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy4017 View Post
Ouch. Some drown and some burn up, I guess....*sigh*

Anyway, take care.

Thanks,Power went out sometime after I had went to sleep and came back on. Highest recorded wind last night was 78 mph. Lots of trees down everywhere.

Old 05-14-2009, 06:30 PM

8,012 posts, read 11,117,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdude View Post
Thanks,Power went out sometime after I had went to sleep and came back on. Highest recorded wind last night was 78 mph. Lots of trees down everywhere.
78 MPH? Ouch. And lots of trees down means lots of power lines down also, as you noted.

I covered up my tomatoes again this afternoon. At least it only got up to 89 today.

I'm hoping to get the red bells and NM green chile (Parkers/Big Jims) out sometime this week.

I bought some more shade fabric. They'll probably have to be covered up for awhile, too.

I'll send you 15 degrees in exchange for some of the rain!

Old 05-14-2009, 06:31 PM

8,012 posts, read 11,117,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chilegal View Post
We get it before Gdude... I sure wish I could get the rain out your way...
I wish you could, too, Jane...I just bought some more shade fabric for everything else I hope to get out this week sometime.

Sis is calling it my "truck farm."

Old 05-14-2009, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy4017 View Post
78 MPH? Ouch. And lots of trees down means lots of power lines down also, as you noted.

I covered up my tomatoes again this afternoon. At least it only got up to 89 today.

I'm hoping to get the red bells and NM green chile (Parkers/Big Jims) out sometime this week.

I bought some more shade fabric. They'll probably have to be covered up for awhile, too.

I'll send you 15 degrees in exchange for some of the rain!
Yep lots of powerlines down. last night around 40K people around Central and Southern Indiana were out of power. I think almost all of power has been restored by now. Big tall tree fell down and completely flattened a Gazebo at one of the local parks. It made 67 today.

In this case since we have to much rain( got 3.1 inches last night-this morning) I will take you up on on that deal..... Only for 2 days though!

Old 05-15-2009, 10:44 AM

Are you okay gdude in your area?

Old 05-15-2009, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by songinthewind7 View Post
Are you okay gdude in your area?

Were doing fine. We have another big storm rolling in tonight/tomorrow though.All power has been restored along with most visible damage.

Old 05-15-2009, 06:15 PM

Okay that's good.

Old 05-15-2009, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by songinthewind7 View Post
Okay that's good.

It gets worse though. Severe Thunderstorm rolling through now. Heavy rain and hail along with gusty winds.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico