Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2009, 07:03 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,340,034 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone.
There is absolutely nothing on tv now. I think Jon and Kate are on now but that show is retarded so I'm getting ready to turn on some music until 8 when a show comes on I'm going to watch about people surviving in Alaska for a month in the wild.
I'm thinking a month is too long - a week would be okay but when you really think about it, these people aren't really hard coring it when they have crews behind them and they can back out any time they want.
I rather see the hardcore people that can and will survive for real but I'll watch it anyway.
They are so mentally and physically burned out now, a month is just a bit too long I think.
Apparently it's a good way to lose some weight though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2009, 09:40 PM

1,066 posts, read 2,252,175 times
I have no idea who Jon and Kate are, but I do see/hear there names everywhere. I've seen the commercial for the Alaska thing. It is never going to be me out there. I keep as far away from reality television as possible, except for baseball and football which I consider reality TV. I like the food network, cash cab and 2 1/2 men, history channel, National Geographic and a few others, but get tired of the reruns.

I hope everyone is doing fine. It looks like a friend and I will be in Ruidoso on June 26 for a few days. I need to meet with the forestry service to see if we need to thin out the trees on our property. They better not tell me to chop the few 100' Ponderosa pines that go through my deck.

We are enjoying one of the coolest Junes I can ever remember. Today's high was only 91 or so, at least 10-15 degrees below what I expect. I will enjoy it while I can. Reality will set in soon.

Last edited by JDTH; 06-09-2009 at 09:57 PM..

Old 06-10-2009, 05:11 AM

1,063 posts, read 3,024,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDTH View Post
I have no idea who Jon and Kate are, but I do see/hear there names everywhere. I've seen the commercial for the Alaska thing. It is never going to be me out there. I keep as far away from reality television as possible, except for baseball and football which I consider reality TV. I like the food network, cash cab and 2 1/2 men, history channel, National Geographic and a few others, but get tired of the reruns.

I hope everyone is doing fine. It looks like a friend and I will be in Ruidoso on June 26 for a few days. I need to meet with the forestry service to see if we need to thin out the trees on our property. They better not tell me to chop the few 100' Ponderosa pines that go through my deck.

We are enjoying one of the coolest Junes I can ever remember. Today's high was only 91 or so, at least 10-15 degrees below what I expect. I will enjoy it while I can. Reality will set in soon.
Here is a video from Idaho Video: Are We Safe From Fire? You can order a copy also.
But as for your trees, don't know, but if the fire goes from tree top to tree top it could be a problem.. Just be aware. Mtncat would know better than I do. He gave us the heads up on our property.

Old 06-10-2009, 06:59 AM

17,998 posts, read 9,059,939 times
Quote:

Jon and Kate +8 is a show where to people document their lives of having a set of twins and a set of sextuplets. It's on TLC and is pretty painful to watch.

Yesterdays high was 74 and todays high is **76**

Old 06-10-2009, 07:47 AM

Good morning everyone.

JDTH - I hate to tell you this but they will probably suggest you get rid of the tree(s) in your deck to be on the safe side.

Old 06-10-2009, 08:11 AM

As far as Jon and Kate, I don't watch it but they had there 100th episode on last night with Emeril so I thought that might be interesting plus I was secretly hoping they somehow got there problems straightened out and will stay together but the 2 of them seemed to keep there distance as much as possible.
I don't like to see people split up and it's sad but sometimes it's got to be done I guess.

Old 06-10-2009, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by songinthewind7 View Post
JDTH - I hate to tell you this but they will probably suggest you get rid of the tree(s) in your deck to be on the safe side.
We know we probably will have to cut them down, but it is the Tree House. How can we name it JD's Tree House without trees running through the deck. We know we have to do some thinning, but we will see how much. We have less than a 1/2 acre. The inspector I am meeting with is from Ruidoso's Forestry Department, so we have to do whatever they tell me or we will be fined and taken to court. We have until July 2010 to comply. Our property managers tell us they might let us keep them if we cut the branches off a little higher than they currently are.

Old 06-10-2009, 09:16 AM

9,191 posts, read 21,873,335 times
Quote:
We know we probably will have to cut them down, but it is the Tree House. How can we name it JD's Tree House without trees running through the deck. We know we have to do some thinning, but we will see how much. We have less than a 1/2 acre. The inspector I am meeting with is from Ruidoso's Forestry Department, so we have to do whatever they tell me or we will be fined and taken to court. We have until July 2010 to comply. Our property managers tell us they might let us keep them if we cut the branches off a little higher than they currently are.
That's what I didn't like about so many of the properties that I looked at in Ruidoso...the overwhelming tree cover. Where some see green and shade, I see fire hazard and claustrophobic conditions! I ran into the same thing in Cloudcroft.

I've come to the conclusion that my expectations are wildly unrealistic, and I'm not going to find flatlander construction in a mountain town.

Some of the golf course properties (cleared and on more level lots) might eventually work out, though I am not particularly crazy about such an environment.

Otherwise, I have to go out toward Alto or Ruidoso Downs areas...with septic tanks and wells/water associations.

Old 06-10-2009, 09:39 AM

Follow the link to a picture of JD's Tree House and another picture looking south from our driveway. There are 100' pondersoa pines everywhere. I guess the inspector will let me know which ones go on June 29 at 9:00 a.m.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/new-m...ml#post7808060

Old 06-10-2009, 10:21 AM

17,998 posts, read 9,059,939 times
Those are some impressive photos!

I hope they get to stay.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico