U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2008, 10:26 AM

171 posts, read 562,326 times

Advertisements

Nah I figured it was a typo as well but it got a chuckle out of me so I had to comment on it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2008, 10:47 AM

299 posts, read 1,013,987 times
Smile Any ex-Texans here in ABQ?

Towanda, "Hi" girl, you sure had me fooled, from your posts one would think you are a hot running 45+ y/o. LOL

Really, it is good to be from our generation as we are still alive and having fun, however, would love to be in my 18 y/o son or my 16 y/o dau's generation or even my wife's she is... well I don't want to get in to BIG TROUBLE but shall we say a young 40+ y/o, and the love of my life.

hoppybunn, don't you even try to pull that 62 y/o stuff. Haha!

You gals got to remember we sailors have all had a lot of fun so... it isn't our age but the time we spent playing in the Devils backyard that really aged us and not like a fine wine either.

That was fun!

jOE
Angeles City
Philippines

Old 06-01-2008, 11:55 AM

Nope I'm 21 so yeah I have a ways to go until I'm 62

Old 06-01-2008, 12:33 PM

hoppybunn, that is a good age. Just make sure you live life to it's fullest.

jOE
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Old 06-02-2008, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macsret View Post
hoppybunn, that is a good age. Just make sure you live life to it's fullest.

jOE
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.
I am trying to do just that

Old 06-18-2008, 08:20 AM

1,754 posts, read 3,595,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macsret View Post
Hi hoppybunn, enjoyed your post regarding "Indian" vs. "Native American".

To answer your question, I'm older than dirt in some ways, but, only 62 y/o on a calendar. LOL I thought everyone would think it was a typo.

Well, will ready you later.

jOE
Angeles City
Philippines

I read your post and thought DUDE! No wonder you have breathing problems! lol

Old 06-18-2008, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamblinRoseRanch View Post
I read your post and thought DUDE! No wonder you have breathing problems! lol
I like your sense of humor. You got it right, being older than dirt and always having some BIG GUY kick the other dirt in your face will cause serious breathing problems.

jOE
Angeles City
Philippines

Old 07-16-2008, 03:14 PM

68 posts, read 219,316 times
Hi!
Nice pics everyone! I love taking pictures, but right now all I use is the disposable kind cause I'm not sure what type of camera to get, and they're not exactly cheap either, so I don't want to end up with the wrong one. I'm a novice at picture taking and only know what I've read about cameras. I wanted to get the canon rebel xt, but I've heard that digitals are much better than slr's. Any suggestions for a beginner?
Rebecca

Old 07-17-2008, 06:40 AM

1,399 posts, read 3,614,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerraSol View Post
Hi!
Nice pics everyone! I love taking pictures, but right now all I use is the disposable kind cause I'm not sure what type of camera to get, and they're not exactly cheap either, so I don't want to end up with the wrong one. I'm a novice at picture taking and only know what I've read about cameras. I wanted to get the canon rebel xt, but I've heard that digitals are much better than slr's. Any suggestions for a beginner?
Rebecca
Rebecca: don't even consider getting a film camera. Digital is the only, only way to go. I won't get into brand preferences but there are many fine dig cams out there for a hundred bucks or so. With the display on the back you don't need to spend money on an slr like you would with film cameras. If you need or want zoom lens ignore "digital" zoom and pay attention ONLY to the optical zoom X number.
Before you decide what you WANT, you need to figure out what you NEED. Think about it a while and read up.
Here are a couple digital camera buying guide links to ebay. Both are common sense and correct and neither are selling cameras.

eBay Guides - Digital Cameras Buying Guide

eBay Guides - Purchasing a Digital Camera What to look for

Old 07-17-2008, 12:07 PM

68 posts, read 219,316 times
Hi Tecpatl,
Thanks for the suggestions. I'll check out the sites. I actually am set up for a digital camera...pc & a printer that prints excellent photos & everything else. Most of the sites that I've checked out are selling cameras, so they're biased about their information. I can't wait to find one & start showing off my state, too!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or