U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 09-28-2012, 09:44 AM
 
137 posts, read 216,799 times
Reputation: 94

Advertisements

Rich I feel so happy for your invite. I'm coming with every intention that ABQ IS my home I just haven't seen it yet. So I hope I feel that way when I get there.

Hey does this forum have a meetup?

Oh, in the few days following the Balloon festival are there still plenty of balloonists hanging on, that there will still be plenty of balloons taking off and in the sky? I hope so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-28-2012, 09:48 AM
 
Location: Old Town
1,933 posts, read 3,139,658 times
Reputation: 1836
Quote:
Originally Posted by TULSA2ABQ View Post
Rich I feel so happy for your invite. I'm coming with every intention that ABQ IS my home I just haven't seen it yet. So I hope I feel that way when I get there.

Hey does this forum have a meetup?

Oh, in the few days following the Balloon festival are there still plenty of balloonists hanging on, that there will still be plenty of balloons taking off and in the sky? I hope so.
The balloons go up all through the year. On any given day you will see many balloons in the air especially in the fall when the air is cool in the morning.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-28-2012, 12:01 PM
 
Location: New Mexico U.S.A.
24,182 posts, read 39,033,789 times
Reputation: 28198
Quote:
Originally Posted by TULSA2ABQ View Post
Rich I feel so happy for your invite. I'm coming with every intention that ABQ IS my home I just haven't seen it yet. So I hope I feel that way when I get there.

Hey does this forum have a meetup?

Oh, in the few days following the Balloon festival are there still plenty of balloonists hanging on, that there will still be plenty of balloons taking off and in the sky? I hope so.
No city is for everyone, so it is nice if a person can visit. Fortunately my wife and I had that luxury over the years.

This forum does not have a meetup, but there are several for ABQ listed here: Meetups near Albuquerque, New Mexico - Meetup

It is Balloon season now. Balloon landing northern part of Albuquerque, by Cottonwood Mall, today, 09/28/2012 10:48:55 AM. We were out shopping, we saw about five in the air this morning. Look closely, that is a large balloon. Photo by my wife:




Rich
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-19-2012, 01:43 PM
 
Location: The Brat Stop
8,353 posts, read 5,726,170 times
Reputation: 2279
Default Pronunciation Question For MN Natives

Which is the correct way to pronounce Tucumcari?

Is it {too come carry}

Or is it {too come car-ee}

I'm having an argument with my spouse after watching a western movie with actor lee van cleef.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-19-2012, 02:48 PM
 
Location: New Mexico U.S.A.
24,182 posts, read 39,033,789 times
Reputation: 28198
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
Which is the correct way to pronounce Tucumcari?

Is it {too come carry}

Or is it {too come car-ee}

I'm having an argument with my spouse after watching a western movie with actor lee van cleef.
Tucumcari is a Comanche word, possibly "tukamukaru", or other Comanche word' pronounced (TOO-come-care-ee)

But English speakers may pronounce the word differently than Spanish speakers...

If you want a reference: Pronounce Tucumcari

TRIVIA: Many of the scenes in the TV show Rawhide in the 60's starring Clint Eastwood were shot in the Tucumcari area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-19-2012, 04:12 PM
 
Location: The Brat Stop
8,353 posts, read 5,726,170 times
Reputation: 2279
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncho_NM View Post
Tucumcari is a Comanche word, possibly "tukamukaru", or other Comanche word' pronounced (TOO-come-care-ee)

But English speakers may pronounce the word differently than Spanish speakers...

If you want a reference: Pronounce Tucumcari

TRIVIA: Many of the scenes in the TV show Rawhide in the 60's starring Clint Eastwood were shot in the Tucumcari area.
Thank you, I lost the debate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-20-2012, 06:00 PM
 
Location: Madison, WI
46 posts, read 92,983 times
Reputation: 82
Default I want to move to Santa Fe....

I want to move to Santa Fe so frickin' bad.....


We got about 15" of heavy, wet snow in Madison so far today. It is still snowing, and it's very windy. My road hasn't been plowed yet, so I have been stuck in the house all day today. And no, it will not be warm and sunny and all melt the next day!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-21-2012, 10:45 AM
 
Location: The Brat Stop
8,353 posts, read 5,726,170 times
Reputation: 2279
Quote:
Originally Posted by Future Santafean View Post
I want to move to Santa Fe so frickin' bad.....


We got about 15" of heavy, wet snow in Madison so far today. It is still snowing, and it's very windy. My road hasn't been plowed yet, so I have been stuck in the house all day today. And no, it will not be warm and sunny and all melt the next day!
I heard Sate Fe can be pretty cold and bitter too being it's in the northern part of the state. Don't know if that a fact or not? I've heard Las Cruces is pretty mild in winter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-21-2012, 10:55 AM
 
Location: New Mexico U.S.A.
24,182 posts, read 39,033,789 times
Reputation: 28198
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
I heard Sate Fe can be pretty cold and bitter too being it's in the northern part of the state. Don't know if that a fact or not? I've heard Las Cruces is pretty mild in winter.
Weather for Santa Fe, NM right now:

15F
Sunny
Wind: N at 23 mph
Humidity: 51%
The wind is probably the worst part...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-21-2012, 11:02 AM
 
Location: The Brat Stop
8,353 posts, read 5,726,170 times
Reputation: 2279
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncho_NM View Post
Weather for Santa Fe, NM right now:

15F
Sunny
Wind: N at 23 mph
Humidity: 51%
The wind is probably the worst part...
Oooooooooo, that's colder than where I live in Wisconsin right now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top