U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-22-2013, 11:47 AM

28 posts, read 46,049 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncho_NM View Post
Cost of Living raises is a different issue than the Minimum Wage.

I guess some can think up a lot of money issues to complain about. But this discussion is about the Albuquerque Minimum Wage, and that it was raised.
If if the argument against raising the minimum wage is that it diminishes the buying power of those that make minimum wage due to inflation, then the cost of living raises that I and others get impact that buying power, regardless of an increase in the minimum wage or not.

The purchasing power of those in Albuquerque making minimum wage does not exist in a vacuum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2013, 08:01 AM

8,355 posts, read 5,666,538 times
Default Forrest Fenn

I browsed the New Mexico threads and couldn't find anyone talking/discussing Fenn's hidden treasure. Would that mean people in New Mexico aren't posting and are out looking for it?

Follow these clues to find Forrest Fenn's treasure! - TODAY News

Quote:
New Mexico multimillionaire Forrest Fenn is excited about having you find a treasure worth millions — and apparently you are, too.
On some MSM, the past few days, especially on Chicago News channels, they've covered this story for the past couple of days.

Old 03-02-2013, 10:48 AM

23,946 posts, read 38,456,480 times
Why would we talk about the treasure? We are too busy looking for ourselves... You want the treasure? Come on down to New Mexico and help us look!!!

Old 03-03-2013, 09:02 AM

23,946 posts, read 38,456,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
I browsed the New Mexico threads and couldn't find anyone talking/discussing Fenn's hidden treasure.
Update From The Albuquerque Journal:
‘Somewhere in Rockies’
By Rick Nathanson / Journal Staff Writer on Thu, Feb 28, 2013

But, “I never said it was in New Mexico and I never said it was buried, only that I hid it between two and four years ago somewhere in the Rocky Mountains,” said Fenn.
Entire article: » ‘Somewhere in Rockies’ | ABQ Journal

Old 03-03-2013, 09:08 AM

8,355 posts, read 5,666,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncho_NM View Post
Update From The Albuquerque Journal:
‘Somewhere in Rockies’
By Rick Nathanson / Journal Staff Writer on Thu, Feb 28, 2013

But, “I never said it was in New Mexico and I never said it was buried, only that I hid it between two and four years ago somewhere in the Rocky Mountains,” said Fenn.
Entire article: » ‘Somewhere in Rockies’ | ABQ Journal
I think Fenn is a little stinker.

Old 04-19-2013, 06:34 PM

75 posts, read 80,706 times
Hiya New Mexico. How ya all doing?

Old 05-03-2013, 01:25 AM

1 posts, read 2,900 times
Wowor burque zoo sure has gotten fat , I remember louisana being a small road everything east of that were dirt roads ,our big town,small city has filled in .heavy, its too bad that our foothills had to be invated,i believe today it would be so nice to view without all that.Why didnt albuquerque have many structures tall buildings? Really now allsleft is build up or under ground(both be nice) we dont have many great big buildings or homes,how come?

Old 05-07-2013, 12:33 PM

41,506 posts, read 49,232,381 times
I cannot help this but I fish with a hook, line and pole.

Old 05-12-2013, 09:03 AM

492 posts, read 831,223 times
Even more ideal would be people having 2 kids or less. Then they'd already be located where the water is. But it's still taboo to broach that solution!

Old 05-12-2013, 09:26 AM

255 posts, read 510,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalhop View Post
Even more ideal would be people having 2 kids or less. Then they'd already be located where the water is. But it's still taboo to broach that solution!
gonna be a hard sell on that one, but i'm with ya
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or