U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-24-2014, 05:55 AM

41,505 posts, read 49,547,847 times

Advertisements

Find the route on Google Earth and use street view to preview the drive.
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2014, 11:59 AM

65 posts, read 121,026 times
I wish people would at least acknowledge someone when someone does something nice for them, such as holding the door open for them. Goes a long way. That is all.

Last edited by lorelai4605217; 05-17-2014 at 12:01 PM.. Reason: my sentence didn't make sense man

Old 06-08-2014, 06:14 PM

199 posts, read 254,008 times
Here is a very nice article about Chaco Canyon NHP from The National Parks Traveler

Chaco Culture National Historical Park | National Parks Traveler

Old 05-04-2015, 09:50 AM

5,498 posts, read 5,155,447 times
Cats? That was one thing I noticed when I lived in both Alamo and Farmington--very few stray cats. I might have seen maybe 3 the whole time (7 years) I was there.

I assumed that the coyotes took care of most of them.

The first week in Alamogordo our cat went missing. We went to the pound and there was our orange tabby male laying in a cage...resting. We paid the $15 fine for not having registered him and the gal working there told us that our neighbor had trapped our cat. Oh, important point-you're not supposed to let your animals out in the entire state of New Mexico without a leash. Huh? The city pound worker told us this. Right. That was never going to work. We lived there a little over two years, let both our cats out daily and never had a problem again with them.

We talked to our next door neighbor and it turns out he raised turtles and says cats will eat the baby turtles. He keeps them under a piece of plywood in an enclosure but occasional they get out. He said he raises them to sell them and his wife disagrees with that. At any rate, they don't want cats, stray or not, in their yard. He was nice, though, and told us he wouldn't trap either one of our cats again.

But the leash law for all outdoor animals is real in the entire state of New Mexico.

Old 05-04-2015, 12:33 PM

9,191 posts, read 18,519,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elkotronics View Post
Cats? That was one thing I noticed when I lived in both Alamo and Farmington--very few stray cats. I might have seen maybe 3 the whole time (7 years) I was there.

I assumed that the coyotes took care of most of them.

The first week in Alamogordo our cat went missing. We went to the pound and there was our orange tabby male laying in a cage...resting. We paid the $15 fine for not having registered him and the gal working there told us that our neighbor had trapped our cat. Oh, important point-you're not supposed to let your animals out in the entire state of New Mexico without a leash. Huh? The city pound worker told us this. Right. That was never going to work. We lived there a little over two years, let both our cats out daily and never had a problem again with them.

We talked to our next door neighbor and it turns out he raised turtles and says cats will eat the baby turtles. He keeps them under a piece of plywood in an enclosure but occasional they get out. He said he raises them to sell them and his wife disagrees with that. At any rate, they don't want cats, stray or not, in their yard. He was nice, though, and told us he wouldn't trap either one of our cats again.

But the leash law for all outdoor animals is real in the entire state of New Mexico.
The leash law should be in existence in EVERY state for BOTH cats and dogs. Period. I've never understood why it is acceptable to inflict your cats (or any other animal) on people who may not want them in their yards.

Old 05-04-2015, 06:30 PM

4,157 posts, read 6,478,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy4017 View Post
The leash law should be in existence in EVERY state for BOTH cats and dogs. Period.
As someone who still hasn't healed from the dog bite I received over a month ago, I couldn't agree more!

It's a puzzle to me how so many people believe leash laws apply to everyone but them!

Famous last words: "My dog would never bite anyone!"

Old 05-04-2015, 07:30 PM

5,498 posts, read 5,155,447 times
Leashes on dogs, yes. Cats, no. That's beyond the height of ridiculous.

Old 05-05-2015, 07:27 AM

9,191 posts, read 18,519,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joqua View Post
As someone who still hasn't healed from the dog bite I received over a month ago, I couldn't agree more!

It's a puzzle to me how so many people believe leash laws apply to everyone but them!

Famous last words: "My dog would never bite anyone!"
Just ticks me off big time, too.

Old 05-14-2015, 04:09 PM

199 posts, read 254,008 times
Here is a nice article from the National Parks Traveler about our local National Park units, White Sands, Carlsbad Caverns and Guadalupe Mountains.

Spring Road Trip: From Dunes To Caves To Mountains In The Southwest | National Parks Traveler

Old 07-02-2015, 05:28 PM

147 posts, read 227,104 times
I am seriously missing New Mexico much more now that work decided to not give me the promotion that they dragged me back down to Provo for (and I bought a house for, thinking that it'd be worth sticking it out several more years for).

I'll be back, I know it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or