U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 04-13-2009, 06:08 PM

12,965 posts, read 23,075,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdude View Post
This winter when the temperatures were closing in on -20
Good god that would kill me .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2009, 06:18 PM

8,042 posts, read 11,182,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6 FOOT 3 View Post
It almost did me in IN.....but nearly the same temp in CO....not much!

I bet you're enjoying the weather now! It's nice. I just don't want to see it get any hotter, LOL!!

Old 04-13-2009, 06:19 PM

7,064 posts, read 11,338,284 times
Good snuggling weather.

Old 04-13-2009, 06:21 PM

16,518 posts, read 16,339,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by songinthewind7 View Post
I just finished watching Poltergeist on tv. I haven't seen it in a long time and I figured since it was daylight, I would watch it.
Pretty darn brave of you...

The original Alien is probably the scariest one for me as an adult...

Rich

Old 04-13-2009, 06:22 PM

18,269 posts, read 2,612,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy4017 View Post
Yes, I know where he is from, as I spent those holidays at the farm he grew up on, small town in the extreme northwestern part, not far from Chicago.

I think that one's tolerance of humidity is probably related to where they grew up. I grew up in semi-arid, dry West Texas, so I'm pretty intolerant of high humidity, even in Texas, LOL!! I don't really like anything over 35% unless it has just rained and is overcast.

The humid cold in IN bugged me, but I was running around in CO in a Speedo suit at night in below-zero weather, with only the suit and a terrycloth robe on, and it didn't bother me much at all. I was on my way to the hot springs after a day of skiing....at a little motel in Pagosa Springs!

I told him after we got back to Texas..."Hon, I can't ever live up there, sorry..."

LOL!! Pretty....but COLD!!!
Northwest Indiana/Chicagoland is way up there around 3hrs north of here.

I agree with your statement about humidity tolerance but when one lives in this part of the country it is kind of hard to get used to a certain percentage of Humidity. The Humidity is always going out the wazoo! 0% one day and 70% the next

Well atleast you did give it a shot up here

Most people wouldnt even try.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6 FOOT 3 View Post
That livens me up I am a freak of nature I love the cooler/cold temps!

We still (mostly) had regular school days when it was down in the -10's and -20's

Uphere most people have a pretty good tolerance of the cold temperatures so it doesnt feel that bad.

Old 04-13-2009, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dracul View Post
It was not all bad. My son celebrated his 21st Birthday on Easter and I could not be prouder of him. I remember his birth as if it were yesterday. I also remember I still had black hair and several less "zippers" in those days! Tempis fugis. Vitas brevis. My doggy has become quite a hit among the "Bully" breeders in the Southwest. His conformation is near perfect. I'm renaming him from Beowulf to Brad Pit!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hard to find a female of equal quality though to commence my own line. Strength and honor>
If you change his name to Brad Pit, it may keep the females away.
I think Brad Pitt (the actor) sucks. He's a sorry ass excuse for a man and a human.

Old 04-13-2009, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncho_NM View Post
Pretty darn brave of you...

The original Alien is probably the scariest one for me as an adult...

Rich
I haven't seen Alien.
I enjoy scary but not gory.

Old 04-13-2009, 06:32 PM

12,965 posts, read 23,075,768 times
Quote:
Yeap i've been researching about people who thrive in the cold or in heat as they're learning it's in our genes. I definately take my mom's italian side who all have black curly hair and we tan in the sun and it feels endorphinic. My dad's british side has light hair and their skin burns easy in the sun and they despise the sun and heat (like cathy ..lol..)

Old 04-13-2009, 06:45 PM

I have fair skin but don't despise the sun; I just don't get in it as much as I did back in the 70's.
I'm more into protecting it now if I'm going to be out for any period of time, like on a beach.
Sunscreen usually has a bunch of bad chemicals in it and that doesn't help.

Old 04-13-2009, 06:45 PM

8,042 posts, read 11,182,898 times
Quote:
Northwest Indiana/Chicagoland is way up there around 3hrs north of here.

I agree with your statement about humidity tolerance but when one lives in this part of the country it is kind of hard to get used to a certain percentage of Humidity. The Humidity is always going out the wazoo! 0% one day and 70% the next

Well atleast you did give it a shot up here

Most people wouldnt even try.

We still (mostly) had regular school days when it was down in the -10's and -20's

Uphere most people have a pretty good tolerance of the cold temperatures so it doesnt feel that bad.
Yep. People who have lived up there most of their lives are probably used to both the high humidity (0% in IN..??) and cold combined.

HOWEVER....SO is still in TX...he spends summers up there, but winters in TX! Go figure that one out!

Even though I grew up in dry and hot, I prefer dry and COLD.

Once it gets wet, all bets are off, LOL!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico