U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 07-20-2008, 11:28 AM
 
Location: El Paso, TX
5,080 posts, read 7,661,206 times
Reputation: 1105

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6/3 View Post
That's o.k. Zia as i just did !!!!!! . ClairZ is one of my top 3 favorite posters on the New Mexico threads along with EnjoyEP and Cathy in Alamo .
Heh, I did too. I thought you couldn't so I was doing it for you.. lol. Well it deserves the rep.. so its all good!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-20-2008, 12:53 PM
 
Location: Santa Fe, New Mexico
3,012 posts, read 8,764,258 times
Reputation: 1103
ohhhhhh... I love that picture, Songinthewind!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-20-2008, 01:32 PM
 
Location: Where I live.
9,191 posts, read 18,516,359 times
Reputation: 4766
Quote:
Originally Posted by songinthewind7 View Post
Here is a picture I took this morning in our yard.
LOL!! Neat pic, Song...look at those ears on that baby!!

Are there any whitetail at all up there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-20-2008, 02:28 PM
 
Location: Branson, Missouri
7,268 posts, read 16,845,135 times
Reputation: 3683
It's my first posting of pictures on CD too.
I'm also learning how to use a digital camera.
I just posted a picture of my dog on the exercise forum.
As far as white tails, there's me, (only kidding)
there are some, we've been told but we've only seen the mule deer so far.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-20-2008, 03:28 PM
 
Location: Where I live.
9,191 posts, read 18,516,359 times
Reputation: 4766
Quote:
Originally Posted by songinthewind7 View Post
It's my first posting of pictures on CD too.
I'm also learning how to use a digital camera.
I just posted a picture of my dog on the exercise forum.
As far as white tails, there's me, (only kidding)
there are some, we've been told but we've only seen the mule deer so far.
LOL!! They run around up there like somebody's pet!!

I guess they're used to being fed!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-20-2008, 03:36 PM
 
Location: Branson, Missouri
7,268 posts, read 16,845,135 times
Reputation: 3683
Now if I can get our dog used to them and not want to chase them.
The neighbors across the road said that she would get bored with them after awhile and stop chasing them but she's only 3 and thinks everybody and everything is a toy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-20-2008, 04:16 PM
 
Location: Where I live.
9,191 posts, read 18,516,359 times
Reputation: 4766
Quote:
Originally Posted by songinthewind7 View Post
Now if I can get our dog used to them and not want to chase them.
The neighbors across the road said that she would get bored with them after awhile and stop chasing them but she's only 3 and thinks everybody and everything is a toy.
LOL!! She's remained a puppy at heart....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-21-2008, 12:15 AM
 
717 posts, read 1,734,125 times
Reputation: 404
Interesting and practical points to ponder. I too view these prospective ventures with more than a little caution. They may eventually benefit the area or they may turn out to be red herrings...we shall see. Some form of development for the general region is inevitable, however, considering most of the rest of the southwest is already extensively built up. Where else is there to go?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-21-2008, 10:19 AM
 
Location: T or C New Mexico
2,588 posts, read 1,786,062 times
Reputation: 607
Default Hopefully

Well, dracul, you are probably a longtime resident. And it would be nice to see something come to T or C that is a big success for the population as a whole, that would be the positive. The red herrings you mention are at all times possible right now, what with the economic situation the way it is. I don't hear too many people complain about economics except for higher fuel prices and an occasional complaint about grocery prices. I hope the situation gets turned around even before a new pres is elected, or even shortly after. I just hope these people that planned these big ticket items for Sierra County took into account America's present woes. I hate to see any business start and fail, especially a biggie with so much invested. anyway, a cat bite or scratch huh? this comment is off topic, but, I watched a special about rattlesnake bites, and, some can be life threatening. You must have felt some fear of that with what you've gone thru!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dracul View Post
Interesting and practical points to ponder. I too view these prospective ventures with more than a little caution. They may eventually benefit the area or they may turn out to be red herrings...we shall see. Some form of development for the general region is inevitable, however, considering most of the rest of the southwest is already extensively built up. Where else is there to go?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-21-2008, 11:16 AM
 
13,140 posts, read 35,968,549 times
Reputation: 12074
Yeap you'd think someone would get with the program and build housing out there as obviously there will be a demand for it in the near future.

Nice thread highdesertmutz .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:




Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top