U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 04-14-2009, 05:49 PM

13,001 posts, read 23,838,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by songinthewind7 View Post

6/3, Do you shoot hoops in 90 degree weather? Probably not too bad in NM. I was thinking about Texas. A big difference.
No... as even i will not play hoops outside when it's above 90 but i love the hot temps for the day as it feels good in general and also i love to swim. Also it feels good to run my fan next to me at night in the summer (it puts me to sleep) as right now i freeze at night when i run my fan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2009, 05:55 PM

18,269 posts, read 2,931,798 times
So what it is it like to live in New Mexico guys?

Old 04-14-2009, 06:00 PM

7,088 posts, read 11,725,748 times
I've lived here for 10 months and I like it.
The weather is nice, the scenery is nice and it just seems like a peaceful place to live.

Old 04-14-2009, 06:02 PM

7,088 posts, read 11,725,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6 FOOT 3 View Post
No... as even i will not play hoops outside when it's above 90 but i love the hot temps for the day as it feels good in general and also i love to swim. Also it feels good to run my fan next to me at night in the summer (it puts me to sleep) as right now i freeze at night when i run my fan.
I used to do that too. What you can do now is run your fan but turn it the other way.

Old 04-14-2009, 06:03 PM

137 posts, read 302,326 times
What is it like....well, I was born in Santa Fe and have lived in lots of different places.
I love the weather and the views and the food is fab, but I have had culture shock too. And I say that after living in South America and experiencing it there. NM has many great features but things are done in a very slow and inefficient manner, which makes life hard when you need something done.
I am not complaining as I have adjusted to my culture shock. To be fair, I was also warned that there is a slow pace feel and there is really no hurry (to anything).

Old 04-14-2009, 06:23 PM

13,001 posts, read 23,838,564 times
Quote:
I used to do that too. What you can do now is run your fan but turn it the other way.
LOL...that's exactly what i do as the noise is hypnotic but i miss feeling the air flow over me when it's in the hot summertime

Old 04-14-2009, 06:27 PM

Quote:
I've lived here for 10 months and I like it.
The weather is nice, the scenery is nice and it just seems like a peaceful place to live.
cool!
Quote:
Originally Posted by brendiej View Post
What is it like....well, I was born in Santa Fe and have lived in lots of different places.
I love the weather and the views and the food is fab, but I have had culture shock too. And I say that after living in South America and experiencing it there. NM has many great features but things are done in a very slow and inefficient manner, which makes life hard when you need something done.
I am not complaining as I have adjusted to my culture shock. To be fair, I was also warned that there is a slow pace feel and there is really no hurry (to anything).
Is there alot of "red tape" you have to go through?

So how would the culture of New Mexico differ from the culture of Indiana?

Old 04-14-2009, 07:41 PM

2,599 posts, read 631,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdude View Post
cool!
Quote:
Quote:
So how would the culture of New Mexico differ from the culture of Indiana?
Everybody here likes hot stuff.

http://www.hatch-chile.com/

http://www.nmchili.com/why_hatch_nm.htm

hot stuff donna summer - Google Video#

Last edited by highdesertmutz; 04-14-2009 at 08:01 PM..

Old 04-14-2009, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by highdesertmutz View Post

Everybody here likes hot stuff. Hatch Chile Express - Authentic Hatch Chile or Chili from the farmer
hot stuff donna summer - Google Video#

We like hot stuff just probably more of a "mild hot"

Old 04-14-2009, 08:05 PM

2,599 posts, read 631,405 times
Quote:
We like hot stuff just probably more of a "mild hot"
I cannot handle hot stuff myself, there are some experts in this forum who could give you chile' advice.

As for me, every time I drive by the chile' shacks in hatch, all I have to do is look at them and I get the sweats.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico