Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-26-2010, 11:36 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,703,250 times

Advertisements

Saw a blooming cherry tree this morning. Come on spring
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2010, 08:10 AM

13,134 posts, read 40,621,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Saw a blooming cherry tree this morning. Come on spring
Oh yeah as i'm stoked a i love spring and the hot desert summer (can't wait to swim) and it's supposed to be 70 degrees by fri/sat

Old 03-03-2010, 07:17 PM

2,479 posts, read 3,235,583 times
Save the pig news and information.
Hatch, NM Barbeque, Coffeehouse :: Sparkys BBQ, Espresso, and More!

Sparkys Barbeque :: Hatch New Mexico :: News and Pics (http://sparkysburgers.com/news/ - broken link)

Old 03-04-2010, 07:32 AM

1,643 posts, read 4,917,826 times
The golf courses are once again open for play in the Ruidoso area after being unplayable since late November due to the snowy winter this year. Grass hasn't greened up yet - but that doesn't stop the avid cart crowd from getting in their licks on the links!

Old 03-04-2010, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxart View Post
The golf courses are once again open for play in the Ruidoso area after being unplayable since late November due to the snowy winter this year. Grass hasn't greened up yet - but that doesn't stop the avid cart crowd from getting in their licks on the links!

I love spring time, many birds have returned to my area, and sing at sunrise, fantastic!

Old 03-04-2010, 08:00 PM

wow, this thread has over 2,000 posts.

Old 03-05-2010, 08:17 AM

Default You lucky devils!!!

Today's BIG news item:
Quote:
Blue Bell expands to Santa Fe market

Texas-based Blue Bell Creameries says it will begin distributing its ice cream in the Albuquerque and Santa Fe markets.

The company announced this week that it has opened a transfer station in leased space in Albuquerque and is hiring drivers to serve potential customers who will be added between Roswell and Santa Fe. The products will be available at Albertsons, Sunflower Farmers Markets and other grocery stores, drugstores and convenience stores.

Eventually, Blue Bell, based for more than a century in Brenham, Texas, about 70 miles northwest of Houston, plans to buy land in Albuquerque and build its own transfer station, using a format that can be converted into a full-fledged distribution center.

Blue Bell is the third best-selling brand of ice cream in the U.S. (behind Dreyer's and Breyers) even though it's only sold in parts of 19 states. The nearest Blue Bell branch office to Albuquerque is in El Paso.
I just hope it's not too much longer before the brand will be available in the Ruidoso area. One of the greatest regrets of leaving Texas was losing access to my favorite decadence.

Old 03-05-2010, 09:13 AM

9,191 posts, read 21,876,431 times
Blue Bell isn't available in Ruidoso?!? That REALLY surprises me.

Old 03-05-2010, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy4017 View Post
Blue Bell isn't available in Ruidoso?!? That REALLY surprises me.
Some people confuse Blue Bell with Blue Bunny. Blue Bunny is available in Ruidoso and other areas of NM and it is a pretty good ice cream, but nowhere as good as Blue Bell.

Blue Bell's been available in El Paso for a few years. But nowhere in NM before this latest announcement. At one time there were other areas of Texas besides El Paso where it wasn't distributed.

I was once addicted to the Homemade Vanilla before I was forced to go into withdrawal when I moved to NM from TX.

Old 03-05-2010, 06:11 PM

9,191 posts, read 21,876,431 times
Yes, I know the difference! The little creamery that could in Brenham.......my favorite flavors are Vanilla Bean and Dulce de Leche, but I've not seen either of those flavors here yet.

You probably know that Blue Bell is available in Alamogordo--which is why it surprised me that it's not available in Ruidoso! I get it at Walmart (and if I'm not mistaken, Lowe's has it also) from time to time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico