Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2011, 11:10 AM

124 posts, read 228,312 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy4017 View Post
Well......good point, LOL!! I'm used to dust storms, coming from West Texas, but this is as bad as I've seen it in Alamogordo in the almost-4 years I've been here.

Heavy wet snow is indeed a very different ballgame. Hope it's not too bad for y'all.
I guess I'll find out tomorrow. Can't wait to get out of here but after a few years in NM I'm sure I'll probably complain about dust storms instead of snow!! LOL.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2011, 09:50 AM

153 posts, read 211,571 times
Start by calling and holding elected officals accountable. We have had a history of non-involvement and a culture of individuals treating teachers like babysitters and cops. Stop pumping money into schools that are in need of improvement and shut them down.

Old 03-28-2011, 01:41 PM

1,872 posts, read 3,408,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyrye View Post
Start by calling and holding elected officals accountable. We have had a history of non-involvement and a culture of individuals treating teachers like babysitters and cops. Stop pumping money into schools that are in need of improvement and shut them down.
And the elected officials and schools are accountable for the weather how?

Old 04-07-2011, 05:24 PM

4,280 posts, read 9,162,402 times
Over in the Albuq forum they're whooping it up over the sprinkles of rain they received in the last 24 hours. I guess from reading those comments that I must have set some sort of state record at my house since I awoke to find a surprising 0.30" in my rain gauge this morning.

But that is going to be offset by the "brown rain" forecast for the weekend, along with 55mph wind gusts!

So much for "April Shower!"

Old 05-16-2011, 12:43 AM

3,376 posts, read 6,104,585 times
Ah poo!!
Didn't notice the other haunting thread below this.

I blow.

Old 05-16-2011, 12:32 PM

1,770 posts, read 2,897,057 times
I didn't want to make a thread for this, but let me say, *waves* hello!
Partner and I have been toying with desert living for quite some time -- we love Vegas/Nevada. I completely forgot about New Mexico until my boss brought it up, about living in Albuquerque for a few years. I forgot that NM is also a desert state lol

It's like.. we don't hear much about NM on the news. I like that. It seems like a nice, very quiet state.
I'm curious: where does NM stand politically? I can't live in a totally conservative area as my partner and I.. well, are both guys lol
But it seems that desert living seems very Libertarian, where everyone minds their business and no one cares what others do.

I wouldn't even begin to know where to look about information or areas to want to live -- so is there a website(s) that hold a lot of info about NM? Cost of living?

Thanks New Mexicans. Take care =)

Old 05-16-2011, 12:42 PM

26,527 posts, read 51,758,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by h0tmess View Post
I wouldn't even begin to know where to look about information or areas to want to live -- so is there a website(s) that hold a lot of info about NM? Cost of living?
Right here? City-Data Mexico

Or here: Welcome to New Mexico (http://www.newmexico.gov/index.php - broken link)

Check this site: New MexicoTourism Department

Rich

Last edited by Poncho_NM; 05-16-2011 at 12:54 PM..

Old 05-27-2011, 04:53 PM

4,280 posts, read 9,162,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy4017 View Post
I found out that I hated red chile on my breakfast eggs...yuck! It belongs on enchiladas, not eggs (IMHO).
Okay - but have you ever had enchiladas stacked pancake style with two fried eggs on top? The ONLY way I like them - with eggs, I mean. My dad an I had a favorite restaurant that served them the way we liked - now long gone. The Hacienda, located right on the Rio Grande in Smeltertown (El Paso).

Old 05-27-2011, 05:07 PM

9,191 posts, read 21,873,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joqua View Post
Okay - but have you ever had enchiladas stacked pancake style with two fried eggs on top? The ONLY way I like them - with eggs, I mean. My dad an I had a favorite restaurant that served them the way we liked - now long gone. The Hacienda, located right on the Rio Grande in Smeltertown (El Paso).

Yes. I've had red enchiladas both stacked and rolled topped with fried eggs!

Delicious, indeed, even for breakfast. But a restaurant in Alamogordo topped my huevos rancheros with red chile sauce--on a plastic plate. The whole thing was topped with cheese that didn't even begin to melt.

I had them return it to the kitchen to heat it up.....more often than not, breakfast plates in Alamogordo arrived cool. There is NO excuse for that.

As far as I'm concerned, the plates should have to be brought to the table with hotpads...and a warning to the diners that the plate is HOT.

Being a native of El Paso, you know exactly what I'm talking about.

I MISS Tex-Mex. I will have to go back to Alpine, Midland or El Paso to get good food.

But even if I couldn't get good Tex-Mex in Alamogordo, what food I could get should have been decent, but 9 times out of 10, it was just plain lousy.

Old 05-27-2011, 10:56 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,183,065 times
That's a ringing endorsement for Alamogordo. I'm sure the Chamber of Commerce will want you as a spokesperson.

I will miss Tex-Mex if I move to NM myself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico