Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2006, 07:59 AM

3,011 posts, read 10,027,948 times

Advertisements

I lived in New Mexico many many years ago (for just one year) and I fell in love with the atmosphere and the scenery and the stark beauty and interesting culture of the state. My husband and I have been back for visits many times through the years and though, I have not been to Silver City, I have been to all other areas of the state.

In 2007 we will finally realize our dream and move to New Mexico. We own land near Santa Fe and will have our retirement home built there. This state might be 41st on some lists and to some people but to me it has been number one for a long time .... and I am very excited to be moving out there!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2008, 04:03 PM

1 posts, read 2,619 times
i am considering moveing to new mexico near silver city in the mtns does anyone know the cost of a septic system the property i am looking at has water and elect to the property line.is the internet avaliable?

Old 03-25-2008, 08:37 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times
c. vaughn - contact town town or county government for answers to these sort of questions.

Old 04-11-2008, 04:17 PM

40 posts, read 157,021 times
Too bad you missed Silver City, there's great hunting all around, but my favorite area is Catron County. No work there though. I teach and sell real estate in Silver and love to hunt all over. Are planning to be off the grid? There are some properties in the area that fit that bill but are still kind of high. I know of 400 acres priced at 1200 and acre which is hard to beat in Grant County.

Old 04-11-2008, 08:23 PM

775 posts, read 2,588,192 times
Default Silver City Drawbacks

I stayed for a few months around the Silver City Area mostly at Bayard and surrounding towns. The People in all those areas are the nicest i have ever met most of them Latinos. Silver City and surrounding mountains are Beautiful the Drive through the Black Range is Beautiful into Hillsboro. I remember the turns up there on some Roads my Tires were Squealing at 15 mph so when you go through there take your time and make sure its in the day. Silver City when i worked around there our tools and Shovels and picks would instantly turn to copper color when it rained. Not too long ago they had Milk rain in that Area. Also Albuquerque and Santa Fe are over 300 miles away unless you drive through the Black Range its a little shorter. The Logical choice if not Silver city would be Alamogordo, Las Cruces or Roswell these places are Warm and a little closer to the Bigger Cities. As for anyone who has Arthritis Try Rattlesnake Fat. el pintada kid

Old 04-11-2008, 10:32 PM

29 posts, read 91,766 times
Default buieness?

does verybody think that if someone opens up a buisness in silver city do you think they would make it?

Old 04-12-2008, 03:44 PM

5,548 posts, read 16,082,189 times
crete071 poked out on a keyboard of some kind:

> ... if someone opens up a buisness in silver city do you think they would make it?

As long as they make a profit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico