U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2007, 02:32 PM

271 posts, read 770,166 times
SPACEPORT USA will make of New Mexico the most up-to-date state in the Union and will put New Mexico in the map of the entire world. I hope that the referendum will pass.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2007, 06:12 PM

13,000 posts, read 23,864,428 times
The Las Cruces Sun News is reporting that the Spaceport Tax has passed. This is great for Southern New Mexico. Virgin Gallactic will move their world Headquarters to Las Cruces from England. Starchaser has announced a new manufacturing facility at the West Mesa industrial park in Las Cruces to manufacture the Rockets and also create an Astronaut traing facility. Also the Arrowhead Technological Park at NMSU is poised to grow because of this.

Thankyou Gov Bill Richardson !!
Thankyou New Mexico Economic Development Director Rick Holmans !!
Rick has busted his butt to improve this state as all areas in New Mexico are booming from ABQ to Las Cruces to Roswell to Farmington etc...
Rick Holmans for our next Governor !!

Old 04-05-2007, 08:47 PM

3,060 posts, read 6,174,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tito View Post
SPACEPORT USA will make of New Mexico the most up-to-date state in the Union and will put New Mexico in the map of the entire world.
Not so sure I want that to happen ~~ I like New Mexico just exactly the way it is!

Old 04-06-2007, 04:26 AM
TKO

701 posts, read 1,443,036 times
I'm ecstatic that this passed. Northern NM has a wide variety of employment opportunities which provide a middle class lifestyle. Southern NM, not so much WSMR is about it, development is rampant down here but it's mostly to satisfy the needs of retirees which primarily leads to service industry jobs. The spaceport will allow more of the sort of jobs that are available at Kirtland, Sandia and Los Alamos not to mention the monster that is state government in SF.

That southern NM is going to change is no longer in doubt but here was have an opportunity for it to change in a way that may help the locals (like me) too. Don't begrudge us that for the sake of nostalgia. I miss the way my Las Cruces was 20 years ago. There wasn't any traffic and prices were dirt cheap for everything. That's not true anymore but on the upside now we have access to many consumer goods we used to have to go to El Paso to get. Change is inevitable, and anyone that knew the SF of 30 years ago, pines for that too. It was a very different, and in some ways more honest, place. But a lot of the change up there has been positive, and hopefully some of the change we experience down here can be too.

Last edited by TKO; 04-06-2007 at 04:40 AM..

Old 04-06-2007, 06:29 AM

Cabinet Secretary Rick Holmans is quoted on his site ''edd.state.nm'' that this has the potential to create up to 5,000 new jobs and 1 billion in new revenue for the state and Las Cruces region.....

Old 04-07-2007, 08:05 PM

43 posts, read 76,417 times
This all very interesting to me. I'm in a public spaeking class, and as soon as I heard of the new spaceport (just yesterday; can you imagine?) I decided to write my next speech about it. I did the research, and it sounds like it will be up and running by 2010. I'm definately going to have to move back to New Mexico from Minnesota.

Old 04-09-2007, 02:51 PM

7,646 posts, read 11,191,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towanda View Post
Not so sure I want that to happen ~~ I like New Mexico just exactly the way it is!
You and me both. I don't want anyone to know about our secret.

Old 04-09-2007, 04:22 PM

''UP Aerospace'' has announced a launch on april 28th at the Spaceport. Will be launching ''Scotty'' James Doohan ashes in space. (Star Trek character).

Old 04-09-2007, 05:00 PM

271 posts, read 770,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
You and me both. I don't want anyone to know about our secret.
History cannot be stopped, time will not stay still. Unless you were American natives, you wouldn't be in New Mexico if Columbus had not discovered America.

Old 04-19-2007, 04:33 PM

Default Rick Holmans new Spaceport Director

Economic Developement Secretary Rick Holmans was appointed the new Executive Director of the new Spaceport by Governor Richardson. He will oversee the design and construction of it and run it once in place.

Governor Richardson is in the process of hiring a new economic developer for New Mexico. Were losing a great cabinet secretary as this state is booming on all points in and around this state.

Rick Holmans for next Govenor !!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico