U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-07-2009, 12:35 PM

1,063 posts, read 2,658,348 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear's Mom View Post
Since you were just there........ is it near the southern loop of Dixwood?
between Homewood & Norwood or more west between Homewood & Buckwood? It's hard to know exactly where people are talking about because of the the way the streets loop around. Thanks so much for your reports!

Praying hard that the wind stays down & no one else looses their home & that everyone stays safe!
Your place is fine. I think its Homewood and Buckwood. All the homes on Homewood are OK. A neighbor of mine drove down there this AM.
Judy will be the biggest help for us all as she is in Timberon.
Song may be back up there this afternoon.

Sure wish I could send this midwest rain down there.
Jane
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2009, 12:37 PM

5 posts, read 7,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chilegal View Post
Their house is not near the fire area. If they work with the fire department, I am sure they are busy.

Judy may know something more.
Thanks, I believe he does volenteer fire department and she works at the fire house when needed.

Old 05-07-2009, 12:46 PM

7 posts, read 11,675 times
Smile cooking at fire station

The Bunker's are headed for Timberon to cook Spagetti for super and have supplies from Salvation Army and Bethel Baptist Church in Alamo, be there around 2pm

Old 05-07-2009, 12:52 PM

20 posts, read 31,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear's Mom View Post
Since you were just there........ is it near the southern loop of Dixwood?
between Homewood & Norwood or more west between Homewood & Buckwood? It's hard to know exactly where people are talking about because of the the way the streets loop around. Thanks so much for your reports!

Praying hard that the wind stays down & no one else looses their home & that everyone stays safe!
Driving south on Pioneer, I turned right on Dixwood, drove about 1/2 - 1 mile up before I turned around.

Judy

Old 05-07-2009, 01:14 PM

20 posts, read 38,101 times
Hey everyone just got off the phone with my folks on Arapaho, and they were told by fire crews on the ground that the winds are getting strong, and blowing it straight to the west now, the fire deptmart told them as well it was not contained despite rumors that it was, and its still a major threat to homes in the area...

Old 05-07-2009, 01:36 PM

20 posts, read 31,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dn920 View Post
Hey everyone just got off the phone with my folks on Arapaho, and they were told by fire crews on the ground that the winds are getting strong, and blowing it straight to the west now, the fire deptmart told them as well it was not contained despite rumors that it was, and its still a major threat to homes in the area...
It is not officially contained until the Forest Service says it is. The declaration must come from them. It is MUCH better than yesterday.

Judy

Old 05-07-2009, 01:44 PM

1,063 posts, read 2,658,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhudizhudizhudi View Post
It is not officially contained until the Forest Service says it is. The declaration must come from them. It is MUCH better than yesterday.

Judy
Lets keep praying for little or no wind. That is our biggest threat.

Audrey and Neil are heading up with food for the people that are working the fire. So glad she knows how to cook for LARGE groups.. thats her job.

Jane

Old 05-07-2009, 01:45 PM

20 posts, read 38,101 times
Good thanks Judy for the drive comments the info, my parents can get out an about because of my dad so I am worried about them, considering the fire deptment just told them they were evacuated last night but no one told me it scared me =) I know they are busy and doing a hell of a job fighting this, just a little scarey. Thanks again for all the updates!

Old 05-07-2009, 01:47 PM

7,965 posts, read 16,794,203 times
Default Link for latest info

New Mexico Fire Information

It has the containment, the amount of dispatched vehicles, etc.

Old 05-07-2009, 01:56 PM

1,873 posts, read 2,862,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue-eyes-smile View Post
Judy,
Thank you for the update! I am glad that no one was hurt during all of this! I am glad that their house is still standing, but I am also very sorry for those who lost their homes...If you see my parents again please tell them that I love them! Thanks Donna!
I talked to Don and Ruby this morning. They are fine, the fire came very close to their home. Don is pissed off at the damn fire. The little cat came back and the older one is still gone but Don is not worried - he says the older cat is smart and is most likely holed up somewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumbbuster View Post
Hi, I live in Dell City, Texas. I was wondering if anyone nows Danelle and Kevin Ross and how things are going for them.
I saw Danelle right in the middle of things last night at the fire station. That's our Danelle! She seemed fine, I did not get to talk to her, she had about 10 uniformed guys following her around, looked like a crew. Kevin is most likely running his 'dozer somewhere.

Just saw JR and Lil, and John went up there to their house. The fire came close but no damage. I asked John about the storage shed, but John didn't see that anything burned. Could have missed it though.
Someone turned JR's steer loose yesterday so it could escape the fire (JR & Lil were not home) and it (the steer) was seen wandering around town this morning on the main street. Not sure if they caught it or not.

What else. . . oh - those who are asking about Oakmont - it is well away from the fire zone and should be just fine.

Song - which dog is Whiskey? Brown or white? I will keep an eye out for him.

I took a few pictures, the first ones taken from our front yard (Summer Dr) and the last ones taken at the Fire Station where everyone ended up.
NanBiz Network

It's afternoon here (1:00), and the wind has picked up slightly. I'm watching the horizon west of us. Nothing billowing. Hearing planes and heavy equipment.

Fingers crossed!

Nanette & John

Last edited by NMNan; 05-07-2009 at 02:06 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico