U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-08-2009, 08:22 AM

3 posts, read 4,524 times

Advertisements

Thank you Judy. Everyone is in our thoughts and prayers. I hate feeling so helpless to do anything!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2009, 08:24 AM

16 posts, read 25,265 times
Good morning Timberon. I hope everything is well and that there were no incidents in the night. I want to again thank those who kept us informed on our friends and loved ones as well as property. May God be with everyone and especially those who suffered loss. I have been around Timberon many times over the last 30 years and I have always been touched by the "Family" atmosphere and the way Timberon pulls together when someone is in need, I see that happening today.

Old 05-08-2009, 08:55 AM

7,269 posts, read 16,868,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhudizhudizhudi View Post
From Timberon Fire Chief Joe Wheeler: As of 8:00pm 5/7, the Buckwood Fire is 20% contained. The fire has involved 140 acres, 4 structures and 5 out buildings and 10 vehicles. No one is allowed back tonight in the evacuation area, which has not changed since last night. It's possible residents will be able to return to the evacuated area tomorrow, depending on efforts tonight to contain the fire.
As far as the evacuation area, we came back home yesterday and so did neighbors across the road so I'm not sure (as I posted earlier) why we got to come back home but some others weren't?

Old 05-08-2009, 08:59 AM

I'm just really happy and thankful that nobody has been hurt or killed.
I can still smell the smoke a little but there is no wind.
Nan, the planes must be gone. Haven't heard them lately.

Old 05-08-2009, 09:02 AM

1,873 posts, read 2,863,389 times
Good morning everyone. Jane, you're up early!

Temperature was cool overnight and the smoky smell was light this morning. The smoke is still settled in the nooks and cranny's of the hills here, and is dissipating as the sun comes up.

No rising smoke to the west of us, and very little brown in the air (that I can see). Blue skies are looking good. I still haven't heard any more planes or helicopters since yesterday late afternoon, so I expect they are working it from the ground now.

Thanks everyone for keeping our little community in your thoughts and prayers. We have only lived here for two years this coming July, but it is home.

Old 05-08-2009, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by songinthewind7 View Post
I'm just really happy and thankful that nobody has been hurt or killed. . .
Me too Song. We have been lucky with no injuries.

Old 05-08-2009, 09:11 AM

5 posts, read 8,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraFiloso View Post
Judy, how accurate is this map? I'm still holding onto some tiny glimmer of hope that my land and all my neighbors' land and homes have not burned to the ground on Homewood...I know everyone is completely tapped out with this, but if anyone is able to take pictures of the land on Homewood my husband and I would appreciate it greatly. We're in Phoenix feeling completely helpless. Everyone is in our thoughts.
Laura
I think that we are neighbors, right next to each other. I talked to a friend last night and she said our home was safe and I think most of the forest is too. It sounds as though the fire went around us.
We are in Tucson now and feel just as helpless. We would have been evacuated if we were there so was told to wait on coming out. I did ask my friend to take some pictures so she may today once she can get into the evacuated area. Look forward to meeting you.
Joan, Double EE

Old 05-08-2009, 09:15 AM

Hi Joan,
I just found out yesterday from Jane that you're Double EE.
We've met while Charlie and I were out walking with the dogs one day on Sacramento.
Cheryl

Old 05-08-2009, 09:21 AM

1 posts, read 1,527 times
our prayers are with everyone there. i wish we could come up but we wont be able to right now. is there any info on what direction the fire is moving and at what speed? you all are doing a wonderful job on the info, i hope you know ALOT of people appreciate it as this is the most informative site we have found. THANK YOU

Old 05-08-2009, 09:21 AM

Hey Song, if you see Spud, he's carrying around a melted motor in the back of his truck, showing people what the fire did in his yard (his house is OK). That Spud - he's a character!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico