U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-08-2009, 10:58 AM

3 posts, read 4,598 times

Advertisements

Hi to all! I have been reading the messages going back and forth over the last two days. First of all thanks to all of you for keeping us updated. With my parents living up there, at certain times this was the only way I could receive updates. We have been very worried about them and the rest of the residents of Timberon. It also makes me feel better to hear what a wonderful and caring community you are. Our prayers and thoughts are still with you. Take care!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2009, 11:19 AM

20 posts, read 30,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ESmac9052 View Post
Hello this is Ed McCasland, Carol and Bill Wausson's son. I was hoping to get an update. Also, I have been asked about Larry Henson's home and if the golf course has suffered damage. I know right now the focus is on the homes and the safety of those fighting the fires, my prayers are with you
I just saw Bill, he is not working the fire today. He is helping out at the station.

Judy

Old 05-08-2009, 11:25 AM

1,063 posts, read 2,635,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache Flats View Post
Hi all!
As I have sat and read every entry on this forum thread, I have really come to realize what a great community we have bought into. We have loved the area for a few years and have only had property for a couple of years. We looked in a lot of different places for a place to build a cabin in the woods. We even went to the great northwest to look. We are so glad that we decided on Timberon. I have been blessed and even a little bit amazed at the closeness and care of people writing here. I am going to be even happier than I knew to be a part of this wonderful community of supportive and genuine people!!!
Bev
Bev, the more I am up in Timberon I don't want to be anywhere else. But thats not possible - for now..LOL Can't wait for the get together around the 4th of July.
Jane

Old 05-08-2009, 11:57 AM

16 posts, read 25,076 times
I just saw Bill, he is not working the fire today. He is helping out at the station.

Judy

Thanks Judy! Snap his suspenders when he walks by! I am glad things seem to be settling a bit

Heya Suzicruize. Cannot wait to meet up with you in Timberon in the very near future. I am thinking Mother's fried chicken and home made rolls!

Old 05-08-2009, 12:22 PM

1,873 posts, read 2,825,864 times
Everyone asking about Homewood
We just got back from driving all up and down Homewood and all the homes are fine. We took several pictures at the beginning but stopped when we realized that we could report that were all undamaged. Anybody with property on Homewood is welcome to send me a message through here (click on my user name to send a message) and ask me about specifics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraFiloso View Post
Judy, how accurate is this map? I'm still holding onto some tiny glimmer of hope that my land and all my neighbors' land and homes have not burned to the ground on Homewood...I know everyone is completely tapped out with this, but if anyone is able to take pictures of the land on Homewood my husband and I would appreciate it greatly. We're in Phoenix feeling completely helpless. Everyone is in our thoughts.
LauraFiloso We found your property with the identifying sign, and drove up your driveway and turned around at the end. No damage, no burn. Everything is fine. I took pictures if you want to see.

Drove up Norwood from Pioneer. Everything is fine. Pioneer to Buckwood is fine. East and west sides of Buckwood is burned, but it skipped over several houses on Buckwood with burning around the property grounds but the homes were saved.

We drove up to Spud's and he had gathered some "sculptures" which were melted rims from the cars parked on Donna & Butches property next door He asked if I would put them up on eBay for Donna & Butch. They're kinda pretty, the aluminum flow ended up looking like seaweed. I though that was a good idea so I have taken pictures and will eBay them. 100% of the final bid will go straight to Butch & Donna. Message me if you want a link to the auctions.

Lunchtime

Old 05-08-2009, 12:39 PM

1,063 posts, read 2,635,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by egglady View Post
Everyone asking about Homewood
We just got back from driving all up and down Homewood and all the homes are fine. We took several pictures at the beginning but stopped when we realized that we could report that were all undamaged. Anybody with property on Homewood is welcome to send me a message through here (click on my user name to send a message) and ask me about specifics.

LauraFiloso We found your property with the identifying sign, and drove up your driveway and turned around at the end. No damage, no burn. Everything is fine. I took pictures if you want to see.

Drove up Norwood from Pioneer. Everything is fine. Pioneer to Buckwood is fine. East and west sides of Buckwood is burned, but it skipped over several houses on Buckwood with burning around the property grounds but the homes were saved.

We drove up to Spud's and he had gathered some "sculptures" which were melted rims from the cars parked on Donna & Butches property next door He asked if I would put them up on eBay for Donna & Butch. They're kinda pretty, the aluminum flow ended up looking like seaweed. I though that was a good idea so I have taken pictures and will eBay them. 100% of the final bid will go straight to Butch & Donna. Message me if you want a link to the auctions.

Lunchtime
Nan, Thanks for setting minds at ease. It does worry everyone that is not there.

I will be looking for the link on e-bay.

Jane

Old 05-08-2009, 01:10 PM

41,506 posts, read 48,906,537 times
A & I send condolences to all who lost property to the fire. We specially send same to anyone injured. I thank all of you for keeping us informed.

IS THE FIRE OUT?

Old 05-08-2009, 01:21 PM

3 posts, read 4,303 times
Hi. {This is to answer the comments left for me by "chilegal"}

Thank you very much for the info above concerning the safety of the "firefighters". Euel is also a licensed EMT so if anyone on the line had been hurt, he could have offered assistance.

As to the "benefit"...Thank you for the other info also. I have that Timberon.org link so I will check that out and contact someone there.

We too found the people of Timberon to be some of the "friendliest" in the world! As quite often in a city you may never even meet your next door neighbors.

Also...In our haste to find out news about the Ross's we failed to ask about "Rick and Pat Merrick". {They used to run the cafe at the Lodge and he was our drummer for awhile. Rick was both a logger and firefighter.} We haven't seen them in quite some time but heard the cafe was closed at the lodge. So we don't even know if they are still in the area? If anyone has knowledge of this please list it here. Thank you again! We got more info from reading these postings that we did listening to the 10pm news last night. So we HOPE that the fire will be completely out soon and no one hurt, and no more houses lost!

God Bless You All!

Respectfully,

Joe Weidner {and TIMBERWOLF}

Old 05-08-2009, 01:23 PM

20 posts, read 30,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
A & I send condolences to all who lost property to the fire. We specially send same to anyone injured. I thank all of you for keeping us informed.

IS THE FIRE OUT?
No, 20% contained as of last night.

Old 05-08-2009, 01:56 PM

1 posts, read 1,599 times
Egglady,
I sent a private message about our lot on Norwood. Hope you have info on that
Thanks
Donna tucson arizona
I am so sorry for anyone and everyone with Property damaged....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico