U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-08-2009, 03:18 PM

2 posts, read 2,564 times

Advertisements

Hi, I used to live up there in the old A Frame on Dixwood right down by Dick and his wife. Is it still standing...I then moved up to buckwood right beside Don & Ruby is that place still standing. Had the best view in timberon from the roof. Anyway, our prayers are with you.....Judy Staples
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2009, 03:29 PM

20,561 posts, read 14,900,699 times
Very glad to hear folks were able to return home.
I hope everyone continues to stay safe. My prayers are with you.

Old 05-08-2009, 04:03 PM

1,873 posts, read 2,824,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crackerjack4994 View Post
Hi, I used to live up there in the old A Frame on Dixwood right down by Dick and his wife. Is it still standing...I then moved up to buckwood right beside Don & Ruby is that place still standing. Had the best view in timberon from the roof. Anyway, our prayers are with you.....Judy Staples
Hi Crackerjack - There is an A frame on Dixwood with an old camper out front, looks like nobody lives there now. The A frame is fine.
Then, going up towards Don and Rubys there is a house on the same side of the road that has a gorgeous view, if that's the one, it is fine too. But the surrounding area is burned as you start past Don & Rubys and the opposite side of the street is all burned.
The fire was pretty much contained between Buckwood and Dixwood. And then on up to the 320 gazebo area.

Hi dlmoo1 I got your message, and sent a reply with the info that I have.

Nan

Old 05-08-2009, 04:54 PM

7,258 posts, read 16,698,595 times
To Joe Weidner and Timberwolf:
Rick Merrick was up helping with the fire the other day.

Update - Fire is 40% contained.

Old 05-08-2009, 05:41 PM

2 posts, read 2,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by egglady View Post
Hi Crackerjack - There is an A frame on Dixwood with an old camper out front, looks like nobody lives there now. The A frame is fine.
Then, going up towards Don and Rubys there is a house on the same side of the road that has a gorgeous view, if that's the one, it is fine too. But the surrounding area is burned as you start past Don & Rubys and the opposite side of the street is all burned.
The fire was pretty much contained between Buckwood and Dixwood. And then on up to the 320 gazebo area.

Hi dlmoo1 I got your message, and sent a reply with the info that I have.

Nan
Thanks so much for the info. From what I had seen in the videos and the communication on this site; I figure they were alright. If it is the same camper that was there when I was in it....it is around 15 years old and it was old then...LOL. The house by Ruby's is quite a place. Was once a trailer and someone added on. We did not get to do much with it at the time but the next owners did a bunch. Sorry, we ever let it go...Problems at home...you know. My ex husband comes up a lot but I do not visit as much as I would like to. Thanks again for the info. Hope everyone is doing great. Tell Butch...that Judy Staples and Kenny are sure sorry about his house...we used to pass it alot back then. Thanks again

Judy C.

Old 05-08-2009, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by songinthewind7 View Post

Update - Fire is 40% contained.
Yaaayyy!
Those crews are working hard out there and doing an outstanding job. Kudos to every one of them.

I added a few more pics from our drive today to my webpage
NanBiz Network
I left out peoples personal homes, just general images and the "sculptures"

Old 05-08-2009, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crackerjack4994 View Post
Thanks so much for the info. From what I had seen in the videos and the communication on this site; I figure they were alright. If it is the same camper that was there when I was in it....it is around 15 years old and it was old then...LOL. The house by Ruby's is quite a place. Was once a trailer and someone added on. We did not get to do much with it at the time but the next owners did a bunch. Sorry, we ever let it go...Problems at home...you know. My ex husband comes up a lot but I do not visit as much as I would like to. Thanks again for the info. Hope everyone is doing great. Tell Butch...that Judy Staples and Kenny are sure sorry about his house...we used to pass it alot back then. Thanks again

Judy C.
You're very welcome. And I will pass along your message to Butch and Donna when I see them.

Old 05-08-2009, 06:03 PM

Great pics Nan.
When this is all over, we all need to get together and have a drink or 2 and celebrate our lives.

Old 05-08-2009, 06:06 PM

Or three!

Old 05-08-2009, 06:10 PM

But then we may be called drunks by a certain poster on here again.

Okay, I won't bring that up.

I think everyone will be in a mood to celebrate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico