U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2009, 11:21 PM

155 posts, read 334,822 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by songinthewind7 View Post
Fire is out and firefighters getting ready to head back to the station to eat.

It was started by careless hunters.
Wow Song,

I just quickly read through this thread...you have been through quite a lot this year with fires....
You have been one of my favorite peoples over there in NM and I can't wait to meet you, so please let's finish with the fires
I am so happy you guys are safe...
Sending lots of love and light your way!
Namaste
White Mountain
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2009, 11:31 AM

7,268 posts, read 16,859,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
And they were armed 'outdoor people'. I hope they are more careful with their guns than they were with their fires.
I know - Most people with guns should not be allowed to have them unless they agree to take a safety course.
Apparently they didn't have permission to even be on the owners land. The owners don't live here but some of the 'oldtimers' here know who the owners are and called them to let them know.
The FD stayed in the area all night because of hot spots.

Old 11-04-2009, 11:38 AM

7,268 posts, read 16,859,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Mountain View Post
Wow Song,

I just quickly read through this thread...you have been through quite a lot this year with fires....
You have been one of my favorite peoples over there in NM and I can't wait to meet you, so please let's finish with the fires
I am so happy you guys are safe...
Sending lots of love and light your way!
Namaste
White Mountain
Can't wait to meet you either White Mountain.
Interesting thread it turned out to be huh? -and long. When I started it, I had no idea it would be so long and interesting with people posting that had family and friends here.
Fire is just something we have to deal with and I along with several others have learned how to 'handle' it better if one that big ever comes along again.
(I think) or I should say better prepared. It's hard to handle.

Old 11-04-2009, 11:44 AM

155 posts, read 334,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by songinthewind7 View Post
Can't wait to meet you either White Mountain.
Interesting thread it turned out to be huh? -and long. When I started it, I had no idea it would be so long and interesting with people posting that had family and friends here.
Fire is just something we have to deal with and I along with several others have learned how to 'handle' it better if one that big ever comes along again.
(I think) or I should say better prepared. It's hard to handle.
It was just so awesome that so many people pitched in with their concern for other peoples welfare, and also helped with information etc...
It was just great to see people working together...If only people would follow suit and do the same everywhere!
Take care.
White Mountain
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico