U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2009, 06:57 AM

2 posts, read 3,498 times

Advertisements

Thoughts and prayers from Carlsbad to all of
Timberon residents.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2009, 06:58 AM

20 posts, read 38,111 times
Chilegal nothing since about 10pm last night they said it had calmed a little bit, but my dad was expecting to have to leave because of how close it is and the wind forcast in the morning... just praying if i hear anything i will let you all know. Not sure if they're gone or if the generator is down and they have no power but can't get through to them.. I think I might leave from St Louis to head down that way to help my mom with my dad... not sure when I will leave yet though.

Old 05-07-2009, 07:09 AM

1,063 posts, read 2,659,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dn920 View Post
Chilegal nothing since about 10pm last night they said it had calmed a little bit, but my dad was expecting to have to leave because of how close it is and the wind forcast in the morning... just praying if i hear anything i will let you all know. Not sure if they're gone or if the generator is down and they have no power but can't get through to them.. I think I might leave from St Louis to head down that way to help my mom with my dad... not sure when I will leave yet though.
We all feel so helpless that we are not there helping in some way. Prayers are the best thing we can do.
Jane

Old 05-07-2009, 07:21 AM

7 posts, read 11,680 times
Default Alamogordo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dn920 View Post
We have a place in Alamogordo if you or parents need a place to go
or you hear of any one else.
We want to go up but don't want to be in the way.
If you hear of them setting up a kitchen and need help we can do it.

Old 05-07-2009, 07:25 AM

1 posts, read 1,708 times
Hi everyone our prayers are with you. my place is over on Shallow Creek, it backs up to Mary Glover Park which they have thinned. right now sound safe but who knows if wind gets up this am.especially if it starts crowning again. I know what youall mean by feeling helpless I live 350 miles away. Could hardly sleep last night.

Old 05-07-2009, 07:33 AM

41,505 posts, read 49,653,289 times
Any news this morning? We are really worried about our on line friends.

Old 05-07-2009, 07:43 AM

7 posts, read 11,680 times
Smile Timberon fire may be out or contained

I just talked to G.A. in timberon and she said the crews worked all night and it looks like it's out or contained.
She will call back later with more information.
Great News
Answered Prayer

Old 05-07-2009, 07:53 AM

1,063 posts, read 2,659,795 times
And I just talked to Pipeweld's MIL and she said it looks quiet this AM. Just keep praying for no wind.
Jane

Old 05-07-2009, 08:08 AM

20 posts, read 38,111 times
Hey I called the rangers the forestry department or what every, the said for sure the fire is not out, its "quiet" or "calm" but they expect it to come back today with wind gusts of 30mph and sustained winds in the 15 to 20mph range..... He said they did make people evacuate last night but didn't tell me street names just said in the southwest portion of town. Sheriffs dept said they would have updates a little later and couldn't tell me anything so thats what i have this am.

Old 05-07-2009, 08:39 AM

2 posts, read 3,902 times
My sister Linda shot me a brief email at midnight last night. She and her husband worked the fire dept. communications throughout and said the firefighters thought the fire was contained at that time, but were ready to fight again this a.m. The fire came within a mile of their home on Bear Lane. Sounds like a very scary night. Good luck to all Timberonians!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico