Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-07-2009, 08:27 AM

20 posts, read 43,507 times

Advertisements

thanks for the info.. anyone have a directional update one where the fire is going?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2009, 08:31 AM

143 posts, read 364,762 times
Cheryl - glad to hear that you guys are OK.........hopefully your dog will be waiting for you at the house. seems from Jane's email that unless the wind whips it up again.....that we 'may' be out of the worst of it.

If there is anything we can do- let us know.........

Old 05-07-2009, 08:35 AM

1,063 posts, read 3,023,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by songinthewind7 View Post
Hi everybody.
We are in Alamo now and don't know what's going on with the fire.
If you have a house on Ruby, you are probably in the line of it as the fire is maybe 2 miles from you.
Charlie was helping with the fire as well as a lot of other people and we evacuated last night at around 8 and came down here.
Leslielea, I know your sister.
Charlie is calling the TWSD office now to see what's going on. Sherrifs dept. here or I should say the dispatcher doesn't have a clue what's going on.
One of my dogs ran off so he is still in timberon.
Excuse the errors. I'm on a laptap on top of the bed and typos are my thing now.
Jane, i didnt' call AB because we got down here so late. Just found out the people on Riverside were allowed to go back to there homes so I'm going to call the TFD and see if we can come home.
Song, so glad to hear from you, Sandy and I have been leaving messages for you on your phone..
You should be able to go back in, and there are back ways to get to your place, use them. Dixwood is the closest street to you that had fires.
Hope you find your dog.
Keep me posted on where you are - we all worry about you.

Old 05-07-2009, 08:37 AM

7,395 posts, read 19,335,694 times
One of my dogs has big trust issues and we have a hard time getting him into a car so the police said to leave him run loose (which he was anyway)
Animals will run from danger and Whiskey is smart enough to go away if he did go home. Food and water are out so he's safe. He was at the lodge and if he didn't stick around there and went home, that's all i can hope for.

thanks everone for prayers.

Old 05-07-2009, 08:38 AM

1 posts, read 1,910 times
Sorry to hear of those that have lost their houses. I'm in Alamo with my husband right now. We have a place on Birdman, the road above Miria and her mom. We were in Alamo yesterday getting tires on our van and found smoke bilowing into our back yard when we returned. The pic that Miria's mom took is looking up towards our house. We threw what we could think of into our van and headed down the mountain.
Just trying to find out what is going on.... man, I'm so sorry that Donna and Butch and Kathy have experienced such loss.
Miria... is your mom still on the mountain?
I'll keep reading here to see what anyone has to share with us. Praying for everyone's safety. Peace,Cheryl

Old 05-07-2009, 08:44 AM

4 posts, read 7,176 times
Default any info about Oakmont St

I own a home in Golf Course section, on Oakmont St. Does anyone have any info about that area? We are praying for all residents and fire fighters. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Not much on TV news. Thanks

Old 05-07-2009, 08:45 AM

16 posts, read 34,640 times
Hi Cheryl - yes, my mom is still there at her house, Here's her report from this morning: "I called a friend who has a better view than I. He said that all he can see is one wisp of light-grey smoke, at 7am. I also called the fire station. They confirmed that it is under control and the crews are still fighting. It is not windy at this time." She also said that a helicopter was scooping water and dropping it this morning, but that the slurry planes have not come back yet.

Old 05-07-2009, 08:59 AM

1,063 posts, read 3,023,554 times
Oakmont should be OK unless the winds really get bad, then most of Timberon would be in trouble.

Thanks for Judy's report. I talked to one of my neighbors this AM on Carson and my place is fine.

Pray for no wind... that and no rain is the enemy..

Jane

Old 05-07-2009, 08:59 AM

7 posts, read 13,516 times
Default Call us when you can we wnat to help AB

Hi This is AB just call we want to help. We might have charger cord you can use. We will come to you.

Old 05-07-2009, 09:00 AM

390 posts, read 951,749 times
Been thinking of you all night. Here in Capitan I have 160 fenced acreas so can take horses and/or about 20 cattle. Need to be supplement fed but have a year round pond. Can also care for small pets until you get settled back in. Have a guest house someone is welcome to. Ann
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico