Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-07-2009, 11:02 AM

4 posts, read 6,743 times

Advertisements

Actually the fire started about 3/4 of a mile from my parent's house on Buckwood Dr. My Parents are Don and Ruby Roberts. I am keeping all of you in my thoughts and prayers!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2009, 11:03 AM

20 posts, read 37,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chilegal View Post
Dixwood near Sacramento (that end of Dixwood) has had fire.
Not sure of Sacramento. Wish I could be of better help. If all goes good it should be out by tomorrow.
I just drove up Dixwood, and I had to drive pretty far before the smoke was too bad and I turned around. If your house is in the first half-mile or so, it is okay. Fire is just on the south side of the road, but even houses on the south side, as far as I went, are okay. There are still a lot of smoldering patches, though. Not windy at this time.

Judy

Old 05-07-2009, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue-eyes-smile View Post
Actually the fire started about 3/4 of a mile from my parent's house on Buckwood Dr. My Parents are Don and Ruby Roberts. I am keeping all of you in my thoughts and prayers!
I just spoke with Don & Ruby. They are fine. They have a little warping on one end of the house. The fire got within 40' of their house. Don says it is just sticks all around the property now. The trees are all burned up.

Judy

Old 05-07-2009, 11:10 AM

3 posts, read 5,474 times
Hi Judy..I am Carol and Bill's daughter, do you know how Bill is doing?

Old 05-07-2009, 11:11 AM

1,063 posts, read 3,021,195 times
Judy, thanks for keeping us all informed.

This is one reason to clearcut around you homes. It can save it from fire.
Jane

Old 05-07-2009, 11:12 AM

4 posts, read 6,743 times
Judy,
Thank you for the update! I am glad that no one was hurt during all of this! I am glad that their house is still standing, but I am also very sorry for those who lost their homes...If you see my parents again please tell them that I love them! Thanks Donna!

Old 05-07-2009, 11:27 AM

5 posts, read 9,280 times
Hi, I live in Dell City, Texas. I was wondering if anyone nows Danelle and Kevin Ross and how things are going for them.

Old 05-07-2009, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzicruise View Post
Hi Judy..I am Carol and Bill's daughter, do you know how Bill is doing?
When I saw Carol, she said he was out fire-fighting. I'm going down to the FD again this afternoon, and if I get more info, I will let you know.

Judy

Old 05-07-2009, 11:31 AM

1,063 posts, read 3,021,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thumbbuster View Post
Hi, I live in Dell City, Texas. I was wondering if anyone nows Danelle and Kevin Ross and how things are going for them.
Their house is not near the fire area. If they work with the fire department, I am sure they are busy.

Judy may know something more.

Old 05-07-2009, 11:31 AM

143 posts, read 364,431 times
Default lots of different info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhudizhudizhudi View Post
I just drove up Dixwood, and I had to drive pretty far before the smoke was too bad and I turned around. If your house is in the first half-mile or so, it is okay. Fire is just on the south side of the road, but even houses on the south side, as far as I went, are okay. There are still a lot of smoldering patches, though. Not windy at this time.

Judy

Since you were just there........ is it near the southern loop of Dixwood?
between Homewood & Norwood or more west between Homewood & Buckwood? It's hard to know exactly where people are talking about because of the the way the streets loop around. Thanks so much for your reports!

Praying hard that the wind stays down & no one else looses their home & that everyone stays safe!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico