Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2008, 11:55 AM

522 posts, read 1,429,460 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by designer View Post
Walmart has once again announced a delay in their opening date. It stated
in one of the town's newspapers that it might well be Christmas 2008 before
it opens. I think it has something to do with the off ramp on I-25 but I'm
not sure. There have been so many delays many people think it might never
open. There are a lot of houses for sale but I think the days of cheap property might be over even in T or C. I'm sure there are a few that are
priced under $100,000 but they seem to get snatched up very quickly.
Also it is not humid here but it does get over one hundred for
many days in the summer and many times it will hit 105. June and july seem
to be the worst and september is quite nice usually only at around 90 or slighty more in the day time. Progress is very very slow in this town. The
city fathers either don't want it or they don't know how to achieve it.
Check it out before moving. For some people I'm sure they will love it but
for others they will think the place has a curse on it. That's a comment I
now hear often. If and when the walmart opens it might be a breath of fresh
air and it could change a lot of things.

Good luck.
I read that about Walmart too, Designer. This town wrote the book on ways to create obstacles, ways to complain, criticize and stall progress, ways to argue about just about everything, ways to perpetuate the curse....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2008, 11:41 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,756,720 times
If you already have a department, hardware and grocery store or two; why would you need or want a Wal-mart?

Old 03-19-2008, 12:40 PM

522 posts, read 1,429,460 times
Default no one here cares about the Truth..

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
If you already have a department, hardware and grocery store or two; why would you need or want a Wal-mart?
Have you ever done time here???
btw, no department store...

Old 03-21-2008, 10:06 AM

2 posts, read 6,644 times
There is a remote possibility that my husband may be offered a job in the T or C area.. I have been frequenting that area since I was a small child (no longer a child, almost 60) so am familiar with the area...
My question is, I have been in Public School Food Service for 18 years, what are the job prospects for me if we make this move?? I also have to state that I would not be opposed to working in the 'real' world as I have always worked where I did not draw SS... however my 'real' world skills are limited due to all the years of being in a Kitchen...

Also... what is the housing market like?? My husband and I are Amateur Radio Operators and we need a bit of room in the house for radio equipment and out side for Antenna's....
Thanks to any one who has anything to offer.....

Old 03-23-2008, 10:35 AM

717 posts, read 1,954,425 times
Better purchase land now before the space port is green lighted and prices climb beyond the heavens along with the rockets!!!

Old 03-24-2008, 06:44 AM

271 posts, read 1,174,782 times
If the space port passes here land will probably go up some in Sierra county
but Dona County and particularly Las Cruces will most likely go thru the ceiling. I would think if I had kids in school this might be the last place
that I would bring them. They could grow up to be drug dealers or if they
are female they could be pregnant by time the are 15 or 16. I would head
to Las Cruces. At least there are some jobs there even though I don't think
they pay that much either. It's pretty much the same story for all of new
mexico. When I worked in a professional environment in Phoenix I was asked
by a potential future employer to come to Albuquerque to interview for a position they were trying to fill. After two or three hours they took me to lunch and made me a offer that was thousands per year less than what I
was already making. So I quickly learned about working for a living in New
Mexico. Now that I'm retired I don't care but the poverty does get a little
old. Anyway be cautious about bringing young people here to T or C.
There are better places.

Old 04-04-2008, 10:02 PM

5 posts, read 13,657 times
Default Las Vegas, NM a better place for kids!

I'd suggest you take a look at Las Vegas, NM, which is about an hour east of Santa Fe. Lot's of culture and more for kids to do. A good place to learn about it is My Tiny Vegas: Las Vegas, New Mexico News, Stories, Photographs, and More!.

Good luck!

Old 04-06-2008, 01:01 PM

12 posts, read 28,995 times
Default T or C

I wouldn't recommend this town to my worst enemy.....except if you are only passing thru, and going to a better place. I have been here 2 years, am moving soon. I would rather live in a ghost town with a bunch of wild animals. This town is living in the 70's, and will probably stay that way. The weather is great, but that's about it. If you have medical issues, be prepared to drive at least 60 miles to a decent doctor. The ones here are worthless, and the hospital is filthy.

Old 04-08-2008, 02:54 PM

unless you have nothing better to do, move to T or C. It is a crummy little town, nothing to do, no jobs, stupid people. I am totally looking forward to moving to another location. The locals here are a real trip....... which I have no time for. This is a perfect place for people who want to deal w/people with a very low IQ.

Old 04-08-2008, 02:59 PM

Whoops....forgot.....if you aren't retired, get a pension, or on SSI, and over 62, you are screwed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico