Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2009, 12:23 PM

2,857 posts, read 6,721,339 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by songinthewind7 View Post
Double H - Are you planning on moving to NM in the future?

Mutz - Why doesn't wifey want to post using your name?
I think it's the other way around. Mutz doesn't want her posting under his name. Might do irrevocable harm to his reputation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2009, 01:29 PM

2,600 posts, read 2,322,042 times
Quote:
Double H - Are you planning on moving to NM in the future?

Mutz - Why doesn't wifey want to post using your name?
Earlier, I went to pick up her prescription and she saw the opening to type t or c sucks while the screen was on this thread. good thing I got back to edit it soon.

I told her she could move back into mommy's house if she wanted to.

can't understand it, she's still here.

She doesn't like it here that much. I'm not overly found of the city itself, but why drag it into the gutter?

When you're receiving only so much on a fixed income, you have to make the best of what you have.

That's why when the alamogordo buffalo daddy thread came up, I jumped all over that with all 4's.

I've lived in better places before, chicago is a beautiful place, but, this will suffice for now. and, it ain't all that bad, I know of much worse places to live.

I do love the area, mountains, valleys, canyons, rivers, forests, high desert, and the freedom to roam seemly meaningless about in the jeep.

Old 04-14-2009, 02:38 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,328,585 times
My sig. other lurks on here but seldom posts.
When he does, it's usually in the auto/motorcycle section.
He's not as blunt as I am posting. He's much nicer.
He tells me I need to ignore the Newmommy/Buffalodaddy type posts and just let it be.

Old 04-14-2009, 03:21 PM

18,207 posts, read 25,827,283 times
Song in the wind7! It'll be a few years before I can move there. Lived in Raton, Tucumcari, and Hobbs in the early 80's. I cruise through several times a year, been all over the state. Am really arthritic, so I favor the southern areas, but it's all good! Especially the warmer weather as I'm getting a little less tolerant of zero degree temps in the winter.

Last edited by DOUBLE H; 04-14-2009 at 04:32 PM..

Old 04-14-2009, 03:53 PM

Quote:
My sig. other lurks on here but seldom posts.
When he does, it's usually in the auto/motorcycle section.
He's not as blunt as I am posting. He's much nicer.
He tells me I need to ignore the Newmommy/Buffalodaddy type posts and just let it be.
I would have to say, T or C is not, repeat not for the young, especially a young man or single female, as there isn't much to do here. I would think that a city with a larger population like las cruces or duke city would be more to a young or single person's liking. Alamogordo with a population of about 35K is still considered a small town/city.

Sometimes in small towns, the atmosphere of them can give someone the impression that eveyone is cliqueky, and I've witnessed this first hand in a small town in southern illinois. If people don't know you, you're a stranger to them, and, they can treat you like one too. It can be very alienating, making you feel like you're a force of just one all alone. A true minority, and you don't even have to be any specific color or race either. Been there and done that, no more thanks.

I consider T or C to be open to any and all, excepting specific groups of people I've mentioned (young and/or single females and males). I don't think it's because townsfolk discriminate against the young, it's just that there are few (like minded) to get onto the same page with.

Moving onto better things? some people are able to get themselves out of somewhere they dislike so much, but, others seem to adapt better to situations better than others.

If I didn't need food, water, gas, and daily essentials, I could pass for a mountain man and live in the Cibola National Forest, because it is like I'm steel and the forest is a magnet, it keeps drawing me back time after time.

Old 04-17-2009, 05:56 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,737,614 times
I just want a place where I can take the ol' lounge chair outside at night and see the stars instead of street, walk, porch, traffic, auto head and aircraft landing lights. I have not seen the summer or winter Milky Way for a decade around here.

Old 04-17-2009, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I just want a place where I can take the ol' lounge chair outside at night and see the stars instead of street, walk, porch, traffic, auto head and aircraft landing lights. I have not seen the summer or winter Milky Way for a decade around here.
Being in the middle of nowhere is great for stargazing. I recall when we first came to New Mexico, and began staying at Upper Gallinas campground in Gila. It was so dark at night up there, and it seemed like the sky was just full of stars, and easy to see too.

Old 04-19-2009, 10:56 PM

5,667 posts, read 6,587,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highdesertmutz View Post
If I didn't need food, water, gas, and daily essentials, I could pass for a mountain man and live in the Cibola National Forest, because it is like I'm steel and the forest is a magnet, it keeps drawing me back time after time.
You might be surprised how easy it is... I "lived" in various NF and BLM areas for 12 years. Food, water, and gas are no problem. I just loaded up on the weekly trip to town.

Nothing like being in a beautiful spot in the middle of nowhere, with nothing to plan for and nothing to do...

Old 06-07-2009, 10:34 AM

5 posts, read 10,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Mexico Bound! View Post
Hello everyone!...Iam planning to retire very soon.Iam a single 45 yr old male.I live and work in South Florida.For over 20 years I have worked in law enforcement down here and Iam need of a lifestyle change!I love the land and people of your beautiful state and I would like some info please.Iam going to retire very soon.I would like any info about T or C that anyone can send my way.My retirement package will give me enough money to buy a house,car,and pay off all my bills.I also have medical insurance.Iam looking to start a fresh life and Iam thinking of Truth or Consequences or Elephant Butte.Any info from those of you that live there would be appreciated! I would like info on houses,neighborhoods,etc.I would also be looking for a job...nothing fancy just something to give me a little extra pocket money.Thank you in advance for any info you decide to post.
Hello New Mexico Bound!
I haven't been on the site for awhile and just read your message. Have you found a place to move yet? If you are looking for a home in T or C I have a home for sale there. It is a beautiful older home, Santa Fe style, corner lot, quiet area, nice neighborhood, large master bedroom with french doors opening onto a screened/enclosed porch area. There is a shop in the back yard, trees, an upstairs with 2 rooms( mom used one for her sewing room and the other for a quest room) and lots of windows. Hardwood and tile floors.
Asking 99,000. It was appraised for 100-106,000. New roof just this past Summer. Beautiful smaller home.
If you have any more questions let me know.

Old 06-07-2009, 11:42 AM

156 posts, read 133,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Mexico Bound! View Post
Hello everyone!...Iam planning to retire very soon.Iam a single 45 yr old male.I live and work in South Florida.For over 20 years I have worked in law enforcement down here and Iam need of a lifestyle change!I love the land and people of your beautiful state and I would like some info please.Iam going to retire very soon.I would like any info about T or C that anyone can send my way.My retirement package will give me enough money to buy a house,car,and pay off all my bills.I also have medical insurance.Iam looking to start a fresh life and Iam thinking of Truth or Consequences or Elephant Butte.Any info from those of you that live there would be appreciated! I would like info on houses,neighborhoods,etc.I would also be looking for a job...nothing fancy just something to give me a little extra pocket money.Thank you in advance for any info you decide to post.
Big mistake, unless you're bi-polar or have a mental deficiency, you would fit in good.
Sounds like this person wants to leave really bad, so bad they're trying to sell you a house.
http://www.city-data.com/forum/new-m...ml#post9176893
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico