Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2010, 07:15 PM

36 posts, read 64,789 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxart View Post
There is such a crying need for good mechanics that when one comes along who is "reliable, honest and competent" he has no trouble signing on with an established shop. Now - whether the shop he works for is "reliable, honest and competent" is yet another question. I've had shoddy work performed by even the larger car dealers in Ruidoso, to say nothing of the small auto repair businesses. There are but a handful of shops in all of southern NM that are AAA approved - which is the guide I try and use.

When all else fails, there is always Walmart. They are ALWAYS hiring and having a hard time keeping help due to their strict drug screening.

Hey, jaxart--I agree with you about there being a crying need for good mechanics. My son graduated from UTI in Houston & took the Ford FACT program. He has 2 more classes next month & will be a Senior Master Technician. We went by Vision Ford in Alamogordo when we were in NM last July just to check it out, & they pulled his records up on their computer & told him to keep them in mind & just let them know when we'd be moving to NM. They were very impressed with his schooling & work history. Which brings me to my question--does any one know anything about Vision Ford? I know it was there when I was growing up in the area. My realtor bought her vehicle there & speaks highly of them, & my sis bought hers there & wasn't so satisfied. I'd love an outside opinion!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2010, 07:38 AM

1,643 posts, read 4,917,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuliegal View Post
does any one know anything about Vision Ford? I know it was there when I was growing up in the area.
They are still in business under that same name, but like many businesses, may have changed ownership but retained the name recognition. I haven't heard anything about them, but that may be because there is a Ford/Mercury dealership that has also been in business for many years in Ruidoso Downs.

Old 01-21-2010, 09:07 PM

36 posts, read 64,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxart View Post
They are still in business under that same name, but like many businesses, may have changed ownership but retained the name recognition. I haven't heard anything about them, but that may be because there is a Ford/Mercury dealership that has also been in business for many years in Ruidoso Downs.

Thanks, jaxart! I appreciate your reply!

Old 01-26-2010, 02:06 PM

155 posts, read 376,001 times
Hello everyone..

Holy Moly, you have received your share of snow...it is beautiful stuff

Good news!..My wife is doing a trade off with an employee of Southwest airlines. My wife will give her some messages in return for two tickets on Southwest...

So it looks like in about two months we will have the tickets, then we will take a trip to our friends in Lubbock Texas, then since he knows the area, he will drive us to Ruidoso. The we will get a rental car and check the area out for a few days, look for jobs etc...

I called Walmat in Ruidoso Downs, and spoke with the manager there, I guess he was following procedure or whatever, but the dude would not even tell me if there were any openings....he just said to apply online...
Just a yes or no would have been nice....

No biggie, as like I said, the most important thing is for my wife to find a solid job....

Anyway, though I would check in with the good news...
Take care everyone!
WM

Old 01-26-2010, 03:02 PM

1,066 posts, read 2,252,414 times
Sounds good WM! I hope you enjoy your visit. We just purchased two tickets on Southwest yesterday to Albuquerque in April. $49 each way. With taxes and surcharges it was only $235. We will be attending the Gathering of Nations and then heading down to Ruidoso for a few days.

Old 01-26-2010, 03:13 PM

155 posts, read 376,001 times
The charges for us would have been around $700 round trip, so that is huge for our pocketbook..
hmmm, April you say....If for some reason we don't make it in the next 2 months, maybe we can try and be in Ruidoso when you are there JDTH.... As I would love to meet you....
Either way, have a great time at The gathering of Nations and in Ruidoso
Talk to you soon..
WM

Old 04-03-2010, 05:03 PM

Default Silence is Golden???

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Mountain View Post
Talk to you soon..
WM
Can't help but wonder what happened to this person who caused some of us to drag this thread on for 23 PAGES of posts???

Old 04-03-2010, 09:00 PM

1,066 posts, read 2,252,414 times
I don't know what happened to WM. He was planning on moving to Ruidoso for his business for a long time. It has been over a month since I have seen any posts. I hope all is well for him. I know from his posts that money was a little tight to make the move.

We will be in Ruidoso the last full weekend of April. Can't wait, should be very enjoyable. I am meeting my sister and her husband in Albuquerque for the Gathering of Nations and then driving down to Ruidoso for a few days.

Old 04-04-2010, 03:37 PM

462 posts, read 1,009,254 times
My husband and I are talking about moving to Ruidoso (or area communities) in a year. He retires in Dec 2011. We do want to lease a house/cabin, etc. as this will be our first time as retirees in the area. We're excited about this. We're originally from Texas - E.Tx. I have questions about the winter --- when it snows up there, how long does snow usually stay on the ground? Living in Alaska for 10 years+ really burned me out on long term snow but I like Ruidoso alot. We're both 61. Who can we lease from that has reasonable priced places? We have a 9 yr old black labrador...

Old 04-04-2010, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northanna_2001 View Post
I have questions about the winter ---
Please read back through this thread as your time allows since just about every question that could be asked about Ruidoso has been asked and answered in the lengthy exchanges here.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico