U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 11-29-2006, 03:59 PM

8 posts, read 25,707 times

Advertisements

Moving to Santa Clara the beginning of January from Minnesota. I am wondering how the schools are? I think the kids will be attending Bayard public schools. I have one in high school & one in middle school. I would love to hear about the area and the people.

Thanks!

Moving to Santa Clara the beginning of January! I have a high school age girl and a middle school son! We just purchased a land and home in a new development in Santa Clara and would like to know any information you have about the area, schools, entertainment, weather, crime, etc.

Thanks for all of your help!
It is very appreciated!

Gina
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2006, 06:00 PM
_yb

1,135 posts, read 3,451,449 times
That is a pueblo. Your kids will probably go to school in Espanola. Do a search for espanola threads and see what you can find out.

Good luck,

_yb

Edited:

Opps you are probably talking about santa clara near silver city. Never mind with the above info.

sorry,
_yb

Old 11-29-2006, 06:40 PM

I have started several threads asking about Santa Clara. I am moving to the area soon, near Silver City and do not know much about the area? I would be greatful to hear anything about schools, crime, people, etc.

Thanks,
gnewman

Old 12-01-2006, 12:48 PM

3,059 posts, read 6,339,736 times
gnewman~

I have seen several of your posts asking for information about Santa Clara, and noticed no one has responded. Perhaps it is because the town is very small and no one is familiar with it.

As far as Silver City goes, there have been quite a few threads here about Silver City. If you scroll back through the list of topics and click on ones with "Silver City" in the thread title, or general threads about southern NM, you are likely to come up with some good information about the area.

Good luck in your search!

~Towanda

Old 12-01-2006, 03:02 PM

Towanda,

Thank you!

I was starting to wonder why no one had replied! I will look and see what other information I can find!

gnewman

Old 12-01-2006, 03:32 PM

3,059 posts, read 6,339,736 times
People here are very good about replying to requests for information.

That is what makes me think there is no one who has any information to share about Santa Clara. But Silver City ~ there is lots of information already on the forum about that city.

Plus I hope you will get some good responses to your request.

Old 04-24-2007, 04:55 PM

15 posts, read 55,216 times
Default Info for Silver City...

We are headed west from the "Blue Tarp" state of Florida. We are going to be stopping in the area of Silver City. We have read about it but would like some insider info.

TIA

Old 04-24-2007, 05:08 PM

228 posts, read 513,131 times
What kind of information do you have in mind?

Old 04-24-2007, 05:20 PM

15 posts, read 55,216 times
Sorry I guess I should have been more specific

We are retired and looking to build a home in that area OR in Southern AZ.

So I guess taxes sales, property, permitting problems, hospital services, cultural activities.

Old 04-24-2007, 06:51 PM

228 posts, read 513,131 times
Still sort of vague but I'll take a stab at it. My wife and I just returned from a trip to Silver City looking for property to eventually build a home. I'll spare you my impressions of the town and focus instead on your questions.

Sales taxes I believe are 5%. Food and prescription drugs are exempt though.

Property - Wow! There's such a wide variety of available properties that it's almost impossible to cover them all. These range from 240 plus acre ranches to small city lots and just about everything between. There are a couple of developments scattered about but nothing like the many tract developments you'll find in larger metropolitan areas. The 10 acre parcels in Wind Canyon Estates were nice but only a few remain available for purchase. Dos Griegos is a popular area closer to town with smaller lots. The contrast in topography between the North and South part of town is interesting. The former being higher in elevation and having more greenery.

Permitting - By far less troublesome than large metropolitan areas. I don't know what Silver City itself requires but applications for the unincorporated areas go to the State of New Mexico instead of the County. Basically you agree to build according to some standards required by the State. Inspections are basically when and if they have the time or resources to do them.

Hospital - One in the North part of town. Google it for more info. Seems to be a nice facility looking at from the outside.

Cultural Activities - Again, Google for this. There are plenty of things to do in the area IMO with an extra bonus if you like outside activities like hiking, etc. The downtown area is fun to walk around.

I know this isn't much but I hope it helps.
Good Luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico